Picture of who is calling

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jota73, Oct 20, 2007.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

I have an iphone as well as my wife does... both are practically configured identical, thus the number...
    When my wife has an incomming call of a contact she has in her phone with a picture, this will appear the size of the total screen... in mine that doesnt happens, I just see a small picture of the one calling at the right upper corner... havent managed to get the full size picture appear when someone calls me.. any advise?

2. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

3. G75 macrumors newbie

My iPhone does this too...

... And I have concluded that the image will appear in the upper right when the picture is not in the correct aspect ratio for the iPhone (ex. when the pic isn't 320 x 480) and it will appear on the entire screen when you either take the picture with the iPhone (In portrait mode) or crop the image to be the correct size.

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Maybe the difference is she assigned a photo from her iPhone photo library to a contact whilst yours is using the Address Book picture?

5. flintmica macrumors newbie

If you assign a picture to your contact on your mac in the address book, then you will just get the small picture in the corner of your screen.

If you assign a picture to a contact on your iphone, then the picture will show up full screen.

Hope this helps

6. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

Thanks, but some of the pictures are actually taken by my iphone... although I have zoom in the photo... I guess there is the problem.... I will give a try... thanks

7. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

This is what I have found as well.