Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I know I posted earlier on this page but what the hell. Does your car make you want to turn around and snap pics when you get out of it in the morning? No? Then you're doing it wrong.;)

14333864881_1c01a0b3b7_b.jpg

14337213165_9aea11b2d6_b.jpg

14150551969_7d3bbc03a1_b.jpg

14337539595_f3c73d6fb4_b.jpg

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Why all the hate for the CAI in this thread?

In the end, even if it doesn't give me any noticeable gains, it costs $160 and makes the car sound sexy, thats good enough for me!

^^ THIS. Don't have one on my current car (the old Benzo posted earlier) but I had one on my truck I used to own - an 02 Nissan Frontier with the supercharged V6. Now that sounded nice with the CAI - big loud suction and supercharger whine FTW! :D

Wanting to put one on the Benz, but don't imagine that the little 4 and lack of supercharger would have the same effect... :(

Last edited:

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
^^ THIS. Don't have one on my current car (the old Benzo posted earlier) but I had one on my truck I used to own - an 02 Nissan Frontier with the supercharged V6. Now that sounded nice with the CAI - big loud suction and supercharger whine FTW! :D

Wanting to put one on the Benz, but don't imagine that the little 4 and lack of supercharger would have the same effect... :(

I'm a fan of my CAI as well :)

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
My Stage 3 F21'd B5 S4 Avant.

Nice S4, always had a soft spot for Avants, I'm looking for a Nogaro B6 S4 right now so I can dump my Highlander. BTW, if you're not already on Audizine you should be, great community and very helpful.

And here's a pic of my car, sort of a crappy iPhone pic but whatever
LoErwvZ.jpg

stiligFox

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2009
This is Cloud, my baby!

She's a '92 Volvo 960, the first year of the new 960. We've had her for the last 11 years!

She is need of a fair bit of work -- but I finally am keeping up with the regular maintenance and repairing broken things as I go along. She's a lot of fun to work on; my eventual goal is to restore her and take her to some car shows!

A lot of people think that's silly since there is literally nothing special about my car. Ever since we first got her though, I've had this weird bond with this Volvo. I am truly content to drive her and have no desire to upgrade. It's weird!

312vzth.jpg

This image was color adjusted in Aperture 3 and tilt shifted in Photoshop CS6. I have another copy where I contentawared away the paint chips and use it as a desktop, but this is her in her true glory :p

Mr.Outside

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
United States
This is Cloud, my baby!

She's a '92 Volvo 960, the first year of the new 960. We've had her for the last 11 years!

She is need of a fair bit of work -- but I finally am keeping up with the regular maintenance and repairing broken things as I go along. She's a lot of fun to work on; my eventual goal is to restore her and take her to some car shows!

A lot of people think that's silly since there is literally nothing special about my car. Ever since we first got her though, I've had this weird bond with this Volvo. I am truly content to drive her and have no desire to upgrade. It's weird!

This image was color adjusted in Aperture 3 and tilt shifted in Photoshop CS6. I have another copy where I contentawared away the paint chips and use it as a desktop, but this is her in her true glory :p

How many miles are on it?

stiligFox

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2009
Wow! What kind of maintenance have you had to do on it?

Our last mechanic turned out to be pretty terrible, so we ended up putting a lot of things off years. But we found a really good mechanic who has been doing Volvos for over 30 years. So now we are doing the usual stuff, brakes, fluid changes, belt changes, etc.
She doesn't need too much, but what she does need is a bit major. About ten years ago the timing slipped when the surpentine belt broke and got bound up in a pulley, thus destroying the valves. Our current mechanic told us that who ever installed the new head used the wrong parts as the two cams aren't the same size as they should be. The problem here is that the timing belt won't sit right and is grinding away at the timing belt cover - so my dad is going to pull a used head off an engine at the scrap yard and we'll replace it. Also the heater core has gone out -- but I can live with that for now.
But other than that -- it's just fluids, filters, and replacing plastic parts that have gotten brittle over the years! It's very nice to still be able to find most of these parts new. Something fun I've been doing is finding all the original upgrades from back in the day. (equalizer, CD changer, cup holders(!), etc.)

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
Does your car make you want to turn around and snap pics when you get out of it in the morning? No? Then you're doing it wrong.;)

^^^This says it so well. Here are my guys together after a bath: Vin (JSW TDi Sportwagen) and Bruno (Pasatt Komfort Wagon)

14189778329_fb67675732_c.jpg

14375476864_fd0591cd08_c.jpg

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
I know I posted earlier on this page but what the hell. Does your car make you want to turn around and snap pics when you get out of it in the morning? No? Then you're doing it wrong.;)

Window tint needed!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Nice S4, always had a soft spot for Avants, I'm looking for a Nogaro B6 S4 right now so I can dump my Highlander. BTW, if you're not already on Audizine you should be, great community and very helpful.

And here's a pic of my car, sort of a crappy iPhone pic but whatever

Not to be that guy but I think that's an awesome iPhone pic - and it's outdoors, so it darn well should be. Ok, an iphone won't do shallow depth of field.. but that's almost becoming as played out as instagram filters. :\

----------

Dude that dark grey metallic is awesome, that's why. If that Mustang was white, even as gorgeous as it is, it wouldn't be nearly as photogenic. I have a white car right now and as much as I like the car, I really wish it was a color like that - I'm seriously jealous of the ones I see in that color XD

I rented a Taurus in that color even - between that and well, the fancy interior, I wanted to trade my car for one >>

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
Hooked up my old iPhone 4s to my Kiwi OBD2 Wifi scanner. Just wanted to see the performance. Spun the tires going into 2nd gear which resulted in a not so good 0-60 time. It was also around 90 degrees outside. I couldn't get a decent 1/8 mile time because I was running out of straight road.

qasy6ana.jpg

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
/"\/oo\/"\;19231147 said:
Good looking cars! As soon as VW start offering HIDs in the diesel wagons, my E90 is GONE.

Thanks!

Guess you could go to Mexico. THEY have the bi xenons, and leather, and fogs. Geeesh VW, give US the good stuff too! 2015 Golf Wagon looks like TDi (new 2.0 engine) bi xenons, and 4 Motion. Might be a keeper!

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Window tint needed!!!!

Agreed, too bad the darkest legal in my state is 50% which is barely worth it.

Dude that dark grey metallic is awesome, that's why. If that Mustang was white, even as gorgeous as it is, it wouldn't be nearly as photogenic. I have a white car right now and as much as I like the car, I really wish it was a color like that - I'm seriously jealous of the ones I see in that color XD

I rented a Taurus in that color even - between that and well, the fancy interior, I wanted to trade my car for one >>

Thanks, I'm glad I went with gray this time.

Today I went back to see my Mustang sales guy and helped my dad put in a special order for a 2014 Edge Limited AWD - Kodiak Brown on Sienna with the 20" rims and loaded. Not actual pic but will look identical when it comes in:

70174150.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.