Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Not a bad idea, thanks for the tip! Will do some research.

Yeah, it has big, beautiful fender bulges that have some nice space available. I mean, you could of course, go with a complete aftermarket wheel setup, new tires, etc., but that's costly and the OEM parts are terrific.

FYI, there's two kinds of spacers, one that simply slips over the existing studs, for this style you need to keep it slim enough so you have a safe amount of threads for the lugs, so generally that's around 5-6mm.

The other style has its own studs, and you bolt them to the wheel hub (using the OEM studs), then use the spacer's studs to mount your wheel - these can get really wide, I ran a set of 23mm rear, 25mm front on my GT (totally transformed the stance), from a very well regarded motorsports shop. I added that last emphasis because clearly, that's introducing a serious safety consideration - people run that style on track, so it can be safe, even under extreme use case, but it's totally different vs. a slip on. I've seen people run stud type spacers from unknown sources from EBay o_O

Reactions: chrisdazzo

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
For a continuation I've had my Spydertrax spacers on for just about 2 years without any issues and mine space out far farther than needed for the Audi. While spacers aren't legal everywhere quality spacers are not unsafe.

Reactions: chrisdazzo and D.T.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
For a continuation I've had my Spydertrax spacers on for just about 2 years without any issues and mine space out far farther than needed for the Audi. While spacers aren't legal everywhere quality spacers are not unsafe.

Yeah, Spidertrax is a very well regarded brand, in fact, I was going to get them for the T4R before we sold it :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
We were walking over to the beach yesterday, came out of the garage, the R/T seemed perfectly setup for a photo :D

Image 9_1200.JPG

Bonus photo, our secret, private beach path :D

IMG_3873-2 2.jpg

admjhndly

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2008
I wish this was mine. It belongs to a friend and he just picked it up. We went for a drive in it today. WOW. I want one badly.

Attachments

• a7Afc4IuQvmmlGGKTx4xlg.jpg
    a7Afc4IuQvmmlGGKTx4xlg.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 233

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. Seems to be exotic in Germany:D

IMG_1149.jpg

Missed seeing this.

I don't have a V8/RWD car in my life right now, and I want one.

I have to admit that, realistically, a Mark VIII is at the top of the list(a Mark V is right behind it). I'm an unapologetic Lincoln lover-my current DD and my previous were Lincolns(MKZ now, a dearly departed '04 LS before that). My dad had a couple of Continentals including a '98, and my mom had a few Town Cars including a '98. A Mark VIII seems "right" to round out the late '90s Lincoln trilogy.

There's so much great tech in them, too, especially by late 90s standards, like the car lowering itself above 60mph.

If I get one, I want a '98 LSE with those wheels, and my top color picks are either black or red. It's tough to find one around here, though, that's not completely trashed and/or modified beyond recognition.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Missed seeing this.

I don't have a V8/RWD car in my life right now, and I want one.

I have to admit that, realistically, a Mark VIII is at the top of the list(a Mark V is right behind it). I'm an unapologetic Lincoln lover-my current DD and my previous were Lincolns(MKZ now, a dearly departed '04 LS before that). My dad had a couple of Continentals including a '98, and my mom had a few Town Cars including a '98. A Mark VIII seems "right" to round out the late '90s Lincoln trilogy.

There's so much great tech in them, too, especially by late 90s standards, like the car lowering itself above 60mph.

If I get one, I want a '98 LSE with those wheels, and my top color picks are either black or red. It's tough to find one around here, though, that's not completely trashed and/or modified beyond recognition.
Nice! My dad had a 1992 Town Car and I absolutely loved that car. Best ride I've ever experienced and so much room... everywhere. He also bought a used 1989 Town Car to drive back and forth to work at one point but it had a lot transmission problems and he got rid of it. Then he and my mom each had their own Mark VIII's.

I'm actually about to lease my first Lincoln in the next couple of months. I'm leaning on a ruby red MKZ with AWD and the 3.0L twin turbo engine, if I can find one. All of my cars/trucks up to now have all been Ford.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I wish this was mine. It belongs to a friend and he just picked it up. We went for a drive in it today. WOW. I want one badly.

7000+ glorious miles in ours.

I thought the S was an amazing car when we had it, this tops it. So much more nimble, energy efficient and the interior is absolutely stunning with the glass roof and huge windshield.

Now Elon needs to hurry up with that truck he is tossing around ;)

Attachments

• IMG_5586.JPG
    IMG_5586.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0652 2.JPG
    IMG_0652 2.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 257

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
This particular model Mustang S550 GT is not mine, but this color just popped beautifully on this gorgeous 90° sunny day and I love the color combination of the black wheels and paint scheme.

95E5B918-9CAA-4C2B-9E5F-E550F50AA02F.jpeg

Reactions: circatee

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
2018 Mustang GT PP

7c4c7e86bde1d6ac940ff2d22be676f3.jpg

Nice. I like the color combination with the wheels and the 2018 body tweaks by Ford was well done. What made you want to upgrade from your 2017? Is this 10 speed or six speed manual? I have a 2014 GT (S197 body) with pictures coming soon after some LT headers installed Late next week. The 5.0 Coyote is just plain fun in performance and engine notes.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.