Picture previewing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bilalo, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

On windows if you open a picture you could scroll next and next but on apple you have to select all then open. Is there any app that I can set as default to make it like windows? I dont always like to select all also what if there ae audio video and pics in the same folder how can I select just the pics if theyre mixed? Anyway i want something like windows.

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

You don't have to select all. Just click on the first one, hit the space bar (for quick look), then just hit the Tab key to move through them.

3. Dr99 macrumors member

I too had a hard time adjusting from my approach using windows. I like to click on a photo and use the arrow keys to cycle through photos in that directory.

I found Just Looking (http://chipmunkninja.com/JustLooking) which has replaced preview for me. It's done everything I need and I haven't looked back.

4. dangerfish macrumors 6502

As Zerozal said, you do not have to open them all. Select the first photo, use Quick Look by pressing the space bar, then move through all the other photos in the same folder by hitting tab or the arrow keys.

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

I guess I'm just used to it by now. cmd+A and double-click.

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I have given up on storing photos in finder. When I was using MS Windows, I filed all my pictures in folders and use windows explorer. When I first moved to the Mac, I did the same thing using finder.

Since I switched to Aperture... I do everything within the program. Occasionally when I do get a directory of photos I want to preview... I might use finder... but it feels like I've been thrown back into the 8-Trax days.

Storing pictures in file system folders is great for "storing" pictures. Using a DAM (like Aperture) is great for "using" pictures. The difference is night and day.

/Jim