Picture Request - Desmay Slight on Black iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JMies419, Jan 24, 2012.

1. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Thinking about ordering a Desmay Slight for my black iPhone 4s. I was hoping those of you who have the Desmay and a black iPhone could post some high quality pictures for me to look at. I am trying to decide between the black Desmay and the clear (transparent grey) case so pictures of either of those on a black iPhone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

3. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the replies, anyone have a good picture of the clear case on a black iPhone 4?

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

not hating or anything but just curious since I've got the attention of those who like this case:

What's so great about it? It doesn't have a lip to protect face-down falls or set-downs, it doesn't seem like it'd provide much drop protection, and it really isn't quite as stylish as some of the other ones (if that's what you're into).

I am honestly asking... not trying to be a jerk.

5. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am interested in it because of how thin it is. I would much rather carry my phone naked but being able to set it down and not worry about scratching the back is what I am looking for and the fact that the case is so thin makes it almost seem as if nothing is there at all (thats what I am hearing at least). I do not think the phone looks bad in the case, but I am asking for pics because I am torn between the black and the "clear".

What would you suggest for thin protection other than this case?

6. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

It's a scratch protector at best. Not having a front edge higher than the screen is a fatal flaw.

7. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

I wouldnt call it a fatal flaw, it was designed that way and there are a lot of other cases that are designed the same way. Its a matter of choice, not everyone wants bulky cases and would rather have something thin that does not increase the size of the phone. When you use a case like this you run a greater risk of breaking it, but thats up to the user.

One of the reasons I prefer to use a case with no lip on the front of the glass is that a lot of dust builds up on the front of the phone around that glass and I am constantly having to clean it off. The cases with no lip can be quickly wiped lint free. Not a big deal really but its something that bothers me about those kinds of cases (I know they offer more protection).

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Unfortunately I can't help you there. When I was case shopping before getting my iPhone I wasn't really looking for the most super-thin case (cause most of them don't offer the protection I wanted). I specifically ruled out cases that didn't have a lip around the front. I personally carry what most would consider to be a bulky case -- an otterbox commuter.

Agreed. In fact, I agree with a lot of stuff that you say on here.

9. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

It is great because it duplicates the form factor of the back edge so well that it looks like it is a part of the phone and not a bulky looking case. Without the edge protection in front also enhances the look of the iPhone in it's pure state. One person's style is another person's....

I have a screen protector on so I don't worry about protection to the front glass.

10. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm with you, I know the risks and if a case looks good and makes the phone feel like there is nothing on it then I am willing to run that risk.

Quick question, are you happy with the black case or would you have rather ordered the clear (grey)? I am not sure which one I want and can't find any real good pics of how the clear looks on the black phone. Do you have any other pics of the black case on your phone?

11. imparfait macrumors member

went with the "clear" when they had the christmas special going on, but i really wanted the black one.
    no regrets though. love the case!
    hope this helps -- im not much of a photographer
    check out their facebook page, they have pictures of other colours too. i relied on it to make my decision : )
    oh and their logo rubbed off a few days after i started using it so that's why dont see it :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I have a white iPhone 4S and I have a clear one and a blue one. These are my favorite cases.

You can use the dick with the case on the phone and when I'm out and about I use a nice leather pouch which the phone also fits with the Desmay case on.

I use a clear screen protector on the front and I'm good to go :)

13. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

I suppose having the clear would show more of the stainless band and make the volume button cutouts less apparent that they don't match exactly.

Attached Files: