Picture Sorting and Reversing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peasant1, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Peasant1 macrumors newbie

Hi all. This is my first post as I am new to Macs. Could not find answer in a search.

I have lots of pictures in folders, given sequential letter-number names by my camera. I want to be able to take a folder with these pictures, and do two things that I could do easily on a PC but cannot figure out on the Macbook Pro.

First, is there a keystroke combination that would take me from the top of the pictures in the open folder to the bottom? I know I can scroll down but that is not as fast as it could be.

Second, is there a way to reverse the order of files in the folder? Someone told me that in column view I should be able to move columns around, and also should be able to reverse the oder by clicking on the columns. I assume she meant the name on the top, but the names do not appear to be active and nothing happens when I click on them. If I have nothing but folders showing these two things do work, by the way, just not at the file level.

I am using Lion and the touchpad in case that means something.

Thanks.
    Steve

2. Peasant1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. I found the answer to how to reverse the sorting after writing that. It seems that in the sorting options list above the files, I had to check none for sorting type. When I did that the headers became live buttons. So that is half my question.