Pictures and video

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wcbrownhound, Jul 20, 2011.

1. wcbrownhound macrumors newbie

wcbrownhound

:confused: On the new IPOD touch 32 gig can you and if yes how do you get the pics and video off the IPOD into you Mac? Also how do you delete a song? I will be getting one this week. Thanks:confused:

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

itunes or apps. there are lots of ways.

you may want to wait until you get it to ask this question. it is sort of like asking how to use an atm without actually seeing one. once you go, you'll know what to do. enjoy your new ipod!

3. gaugebosons macrumors newbie

iPhoto or Aperture will get your videos and photos off your device. Just plug it in and open iPhoto or Aperture.

How to delete songs? From the device? I don't think there's a way to do it from your device, (you can only delete songs from playlists, as far as I'm aware), but if you don't want something on your iPod, there are many ways of keeping it off through iTunes. Two easy ways:

1. If there's a lot you don't want and also don't listen to regularly, you can uncheck those songs in iTunes and then while your iPod is hooked up, on the front page it has the option to "sync only checked songs". Click that. Thing is, those songs won't play unless specifically clicked on. So, if you like those songs but just don't want them on your iPod, option 2:

2. Go into the music tab of your iPod (that you don't have yet, so keep this page saved) info screen in iTunes and there are toggles for any criteria you want to be excluded from syncing. You'll have to click "sync only selected music" or whatever, then you can check off just the albums you want, the playlists, the genres, etc. Note: If you select an artist, for example, whether you have their albums selected or not, they will sync. If you select a genre, all songs in that genre will sync.

Hope this helps! :)

4. wcbrownhound thread starter macrumors newbie

wcbrownhound

Above you said Iphoto would get the pictures off the Ipod, Do you have to use Imovie to get the videos into your Mac. Thanks