Pictures aren't showing up when played on bluray player

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by C00KiE, May 17, 2014.

1. C00KiE macrumors member

C00KiE

I made a imovie (w/ pictures and video) placed it on idvd and burned it on a dvd. When I try to watch it on my bluray player the video plays fine, but when I try to play the picture part it doesn't play. If I push pause on the bluray it pauses on the picture then when I push play the screen goes blank. The pictures i have on the dvd were taken from my iphone. I should add that when I played the dvd on our xbox the picture section on the dvd plays fine. Is there anyway to fix this so I can play it on our bluray player?

2. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Not clear on exactly how you put the photos into your "dvd." Is it just a file folder with images that get called up? If so, chances are it will not be played. A better way to handle the images is to convert them into replicated stills that appear as a piece of the video. If your Blue Ray player handles photo images, try taking the images and putting them in a folder and provide access which ever way your Blue Ray player is supposed to see them (thumb drive, network etc.).

3. C00KiE thread starter macrumors member

C00KiE

The photos are made into a slide show. I just uploaded them to imovie from my iphone. My bluray player does play pictures. In the past I have made a slideshow on imovie and it played fine when I watched it on my bluray player. The only difference from then to now was I took pictures from my camera and those were the ones I used on imovie. I wonder if that has something to do with it? For some reason it's not working from my iphone pictures.