pictures doubled after iTunes synch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maerz001, Oct 19, 2016.

1. maerz001 macrumors 6502

hi,

I have the following issue: After i synchronise my pictures from my Mac via iTunes 12.5.1 to my iphone 6s running ios 10 some pictures get doubled. So i have them two times in my iphone album.

I have photo stream activated. I can't do the photo backup via iCloud cos I have not enough size and don't want to spend for extra storage.

So i assume photo stream makes a copy on my mac and when i do a synch later via cable it copies this pictures back on the iPhone.

Any workaround?

Thanks

2. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

They ruined iTunes sync. This never used to happen now I dont dare plug it into the computer or it will just start writing stuff into the phone until you change the setting and cancel the sync.

If it's saved as a backup like that I think it will happen again try starting from new phone.

3. maerz001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it happens again when set up as a new phone and restore from backup :confused:

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Just let it be. I tried deleting some duplicate pix and even some of the originals went away. It's pathetic.

At the end of the year, download your photos to a PC/Mac and move them then delete everything from the devices and it will start a new. We did that at the end of 2015. Guess what...more duplicates in 2016! It's ridiculous.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

For this has been happening since about iPhone 5. It got to the point where I had 3 and 4 duplicates.

One thing I tried was a duplicate photo eraser app on my iMac. It worked on the Mac but the photos still appeared on the phone.

I'm not sure if it has to do with setting up a new phone from previous iPhone backup files.