Pictures from a flash drive to my Mac book Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mars1954, Jan 26, 2014.

1. mars1954 macrumors newbie

How do I take pictures from my flash drive and put them permantly on my Mac book Pro if I import them to I photo they show up as the last import but if I don't always have the flash drive inserted I can't retrieve them what am I doing wrong Help!

2. kelon111 macrumors 6502

Can you just make a folder and drag and drop them?

3. mars1954 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the response I made a new folder and titled it I then selected all the images in I photo and dragged them in there and they went in I then ejected the flash drive and when I tried to view them in the folder I just made I get a window that says I photo can"t find the photo???

4. MaulRx Suspended

In iPhoto you want to 'Import To Library' under File then direct it to the flash drive. Let it work and they should all be on your Mac now.

5. mars1954 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you they do import into I photo and I can view them as long as I keep the flash drive in as soon as I remove it I cans see the images in I photo but as soon as click on one it say I photo can't find the volume please insert the disk I put the drive back in and I can view them all in I photo without importing them again

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Try the built-in iPhoto maintenance:
    Launch iPhoto while holding Option and Command. You'll see a window with a variety of choices. I would do each choice in the list, particularly the Repair Database.
    If you have a lot of pictures, >10,000 or more, then that repair or rebuild can take quite a long time. (possibly several hours if you have never tried those maintenance options).

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

When you import in iPhoto, make sure you're not just dragging and dropping because that just adds it to your library instead of actually copying to your computer first before adding to your library.

What you want is to use the import function in the application itself.