pictures from iPhone to computer

Smoke19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
SoCal
I was wondering if you can transfer your photos from your iPhone to your computer and if so how do you do it?

Smoke19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
SoCal
what if you don't have iPhoto and a mac. How do you go about that? Any help is appreciated.

Maui

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2007
I recall reading a post here on MR that said you can do it with either the XP Windows Scanner and Camera Wizard or a program like Adobe Photoshop Elements, but, I use a Mac so I haven't tried either.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006

from the manual!

so id say it copies them to a folder you set.

edit:
just found this,

fozo

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
I was wondering if you can transfer your photos from your iPhone to your computer and if so how do you do it?
When you first plugin your iPhone, you will receive a window that asks you to transfer image by using the following programs... That is how I transfer my iPhone images to computer on Window

allurbase

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
Is there a way to have your iPhone pics automatically transfer from your phone to your pc similar to the way that you can transfer pics from your pc to your phone when performing a phone sync?

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Is there a way to have your iPhone pics automatically transfer from your phone to your pc similar to the way that you can transfer pics from your pc to your phone when performing a phone sync?
You mean through iTunes? No... I'm sure you can setup your photo capture software on your computer to auto import though.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Wow, talk about over-complicating things.

In Windows, just open My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista) and the iPhone appears there along with the other devices. Click in and drag your pictures to whereever.

Only the Camera Roll is available.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008

All you have to do if you're on a PC is to plug in your phone, go to Computers (or My Computer) and open up the device called Apple iPhone (or something along those lines), open the folder inside, and you should easily navigate to all the picture's you've taken. You can simply copy them off of the phone and open them/edit them however you want with whatever you want.