Pictures from iPhone to iPad-- how?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BacklitFirefly, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

Will I be able to attach my iPhone to my iPad, for syncing of music, photos, etc...? I'm going to be on the road today and spending the night in a hotel, and I don't want to lug my Macbook Pro with me.
    :cool:

2. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

no

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

Why would you want to? Why can't you use your iPhone with the iPad at same time? Frees up space on iPad as well.

4. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, let's say I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone while standing in line at the Apple Store waiting to pick up the iPad: later, I'll want to get those pictures from my iPhone to something I can do light editing on before I post them to Wordpress. That's what I'm thinking of. (Probably there are ways to do all that right on the iPhone and I just don't know them yet. I do have the Wordpress app -- but I'd rather write my post on the iPad)

5. Timothy macrumors 6502

There's an app for that. Look for "Camera-a" for your iPad, and "Camera-b" for your iPhone.

6. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, Timothy. That looks like just the thing I need.

7. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

8. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

Why could you not email pictures to yourself and open them up and save them on your ipad:confused:

9. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Nobody knows how the camera accessory is going to work, but it will have an SD slot and a USB slot. So, perhaps if you attach the iPhone to iPad via USB, iPad will recognize iPhone as a camera and d/l the photos over.

I hope this is how this will work-- but nobody will know for a few more weeks until it comes out.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you buy the camera connection kit you CAN transfer photos off of your iPhone onto your ipad!

11. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

How do you know this?

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

13. kchamussy macrumors member

I'm the developer of 'Photo Transfer App'. An app for iPhone and iPad that let's you transfer photos from your iPhone or computer to your iPad over wifi.

Here are couple of videos that show how the app works:

http://www.phototransferapp.com/ipad.html

I hope you find it useful.

Cheers!

14. mvp2206 macrumors regular

mvp2206

15. keyofnight macrumors regular

keyofnight

Wow. You usually don't get definitive answers on a web-forum, but today was my lucky day! :)

16. mvp2206 macrumors regular

mvp2206

I aim to please! :cool:

17. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

I don't think it was mentioned in the Keynote. This is good news though. But doesn't it make the apps for this a bit redundant? Or I suppose they can be useful if you left your USB cable at home or something.

Does Photos allow you to organise the photos at all? I think I'll be sending my photos to the Mac rather than the iPad, so they can be sorted out properly in iPhoto.

18. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I use "Camera for iPad" which, when launched on both the iPad and iPhone, every photo snapped on the iPhone is transferred immediately to the iPad picture library via wifi or bluetooth.

There are other apps that can xfer existing photos to the iPad from the iPhone. The one I use is "PhotoShare+."

19. komquat macrumors newbie

Can this be used with Blackberry phones or other phones with bluetooth?

20. Vic-Viper macrumors regular

Absolutly. I do it all the time for iPhone videos and pictures. You need the camera connection kit. Simply put the USB adapter on the iPad, take the iphone/ipad USB dock cable and plug it into your iphone while attaching the USB end into the camera USB adapter plugged into your iPad. Your iPad should open the Photo app. You can then select any picture / video to transfer to your iPad. Easy as cake.