Pictures in text messages.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skinnylegs, Jun 11, 2008.

1. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I didn't hear anything about this in regards to firmware 2.0. Is Apple leaving this to the devs. or did I miss something?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

3. CKtoph macrumors 6502

There's already quite a number of discussions going on about this.

Search 'MMS' =P

Long story short, no MMS support at the moment. Could still come with 2.0, could come with an app. In the mean time, we have Swirly.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep,^^^totally yesterday's technology. What ever happened to "a picture is worth a thousand words?"

5. skinnylegs thread starter macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

Outdated technology? Huh? Sending pictures in text messages is a basic feature that *every* cell phone should have. Mind you, I've owned an iPhone since Day 1 and I love it but this is almost unforgiveable.....

6. ~Phi macrumors regular

I wonder when we're going to be told that SMS is outdated technology and that we should just start using email instead? :confused:

They should just enable MMS already as that stupid viewmymessage site is ridiculous.

7. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I would love that. if someone wants to send me a message in a text format, they should just be able to use email. SMS Text messaging is antiquated.

8. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Exactly. Especially considering I have to pay extra for texts on my phone plan but get unlimited data. Why not just use email?

9. LangleyAls macrumors member

erm because not everyone in the world has an iphone or portable device capable of email...
    for those that don't it is nice to be able to communicate with people via text when on the go and out and about in the world...

10. gnortenjones macrumors regular

The neat thing about the iphone is that it has this incredible feature that allows you to project your voice in a manner that some have described "telephonic". Why, I've heard you can make "telephonic calls" nearly anywhere, even while on the go and out and about in the world!

Maybe it's because I'm old and cranky, but I never understood the fixation some people have with text messaging on cell phones.

11. LangleyAls macrumors member

its a matter of convenience, if you're in a meeting, in a noisy bar, at a concert, library even school and any other examples you can think of, calling someone is not the most convenient option. Its much simpler and to some extent shorter to just send an SMS.

12. rammy macrumors member

Erm, I take it you don't bother with e-mail as well then? :rolleyes:

13. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Because other countries have different phone plans that don't offer unlimited data so the cost of sms (which is often offered free) is more economical.

14. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

you can send texts to email addresses

you can send emails to text addresses.

there's still no point to worry about mms or sms.

15. RustyMusic macrumors newbie

lol... uhh email is way older than cellphone sms

16. ~Phi macrumors regular

And email is way older than cellphone MMS too but apparently MMS is outdated. :eek: