Pictures like word 2007

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by davidwes, Sep 20, 2008.

1. davidwes macrumors 6502

Hi. I recently started using Microsoft Word 2007, for windows. When you put an image into a document you have a lot of options. Most of the Pages can do but there are a few extras. It can rotate images so that i looks like its going back into the page. What can I use on a mac that will do those things as easy as it is in word?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

3. davidwes thread starter macrumors 6502

I really don't want office on my mac. I also want to use the pictures on websites and keynote presentations.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Word 2007 is a word processor, not a picture layout program. You will be better served by specifying exactly what you want.

5. LeviG macrumors 65816

Sounds like the op wants to do perspective, rotation etc. First time I've ever heard of word being used for that type of work :eek:

GIMP should do it if its what I think you want but I would also like some additional info regarding what it is you're trying to do.

6. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You can get Photoshop Elements for less than $100. That should do the trick for you.

7. davidwes thread starter macrumors 6502

I am talking about the 3d editing you can do to the photos. You can rotate the image "into" the page. The picture attached gives you a taste.

I looked at the photoshop elements page and couldn't find any mention that they could do this.

Attached Files:

8. davidwes thread starter macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKRMfHLlIc

here is a video with some examples (I didn't listen and the comments said the dialogue is bad. Just see the 3d effects)

Basically you have a flat image, and you make it look like its going into the page and coming out of the page.

9. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I like Office 2007. I installed it on my Macbook in bootcamp. For some reason I didn't like Office 2008 for Mac. I also got iWork, but I still prefer Office 2007.

10. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

If you transform the image by skewing it, it will look the same way.