Pictures missing on new iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Deadman64, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I setup my new iPhone 6 via restoring from an iCloud backup. I backed up my old iPhone 5 just minutes before restoring on the new phone.

Everything seems to have transferred great but my lockscreen says "restoring from icloud backup"

AND

I noticed that only my pictures from 2008 to mid 2013 are there. The photos app says downloading when i go to the photos (moments) tab. It's been hours tho and the phone is not accessing data.

Does anyone have any advice on how to pause/restart the icloud download? Or any other tips on what i should do? I still have my old iPhone 5 will my pictures on it so I'm safe in that regard...

Thank you!

2. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well just in case this helps someone else:

I did a hard reset of my phone (home/power button) and it slowly started loading pictures again. By morning it had them all.

So it seems like patience is the key (and if you leave wifi, do a hard reset!)

3. Whoo macrumors newbie

While researching another issue, I came across some information regarding photos. Apparently, due to the size of the iOS 8 update, photos and videos (being larger files) are not all copied when updating. Obviously, they recommend backing them up on an external location, but what gets copied appears to be random. Bottom line, not all photos and videos will make it.