Pictures of bottom 1/3 yellow tint

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonaseriksson, Jul 20, 2007.

1. jonaseriksson macrumors member

Hi

I know there are several threads concerning the yellow tint issue, but sofar I've yet to see any pictures of the actual issue.

If someone could post pictures that would be great!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. yudilks macrumors regular

Haha... But seriously, I would like to see it as well..

4. Zel macrumors regular

So I got mine yesterday...

The yellowing screen is visible from about 50 degrees off center (normal LCD behavior).

The bottom of the screen shows this too when I'm sitting over it and the screen is not tilted back far enough. if I move to a more natural position or tilt the screen, all discoloration goes away.

Feels like overly whiny whiners combined with natural LCD characteristics.

5. PDE macrumors 68020

No, it is not overly whiny whiners just because you don't have the issue. I saw one at Tekserve (their only display unit) which has very visible yellow in the bottom portion even when looked at straight on. It was a samsung unit. The LGs I had were fine, but one had a slight yellow tint on the lower left half.

This is a real issue. Why is it so hard for people to accept that there are variations and that them not having the problem does not mean that the issue is not real.What you're describing is indeed the normal characteristic of an notebook quality LCD display, i.e. poor viewing angles.

6. Zel macrumors regular

Alright alright! I said it 'feels like' overreacting, because the ones in MY store were all in good condition.

Also, the clerk and I had a good laugh about how macrumors is so paranoid :)

7. amitface macrumors regular