Pictures of NYC SoHo line at ~1:30am Thursday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oogje, Jun 27, 2007.

1. oogje macrumors regular

oogje

Here are a few pictures (courtesy of ike) of the New York SoHo store taken around 1:30am Thursday.

As mentioned in another post, Rolling Stone has video/interviews with some of these people - but not Cocoon-Person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TenaciousPZ macrumors regular

stupid ass people.

i'm going to walk in the door and buy one at my local store on friday with no problem. these people need lives....badly.

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I have no interest in the iPhone (or any cell phone), but I can see how people get totally swept up in the hysteria surrounding the release of new products. Better anyone else camping out on NYC streets than me. Good luck to those tolerating such conditions and, hopefully, it will all have been worth your personal sacrifice.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

This is why I am glad there are only mall stores around here. I don't have to bother even thinking about it.

5. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Y'know, while the experience may be fun for enthusiasts, they look pathetic out there in bad weather just for a gadget. Even my own point of view has changed because there are other important things in life.

6. iwork4ispot macrumors member

yeah that. I mean it's an iPhone at the end of the day its a phone like any other phone make and receive calls. Waiting in line in the RAIN? STUPIDNESS

BAD :apple:

7. MacPanda macrumors regular

wow i love that store takes me back to when i was on holiday in soho a while ago - such a cultured and lovely part of new york - i wish i could just be there now. :apple:

8. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Not really nothing wrong with waiting. Some people live for the moment you know.

9. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

That's just a homeless person.

10. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Thats ridiculous! Its a PHONE!!! be it a nice phone. so What if you get it a few days later.

11. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

Seriously.
    Getting a life, anyone?

You'll just be able to walk in and buy it, for cryin' out loud!
    And if one store should unexpectedly really run out, oh well, buy it at the next store down the street, or venture to do the unthinkable -- wait for a day. Not a reason to commit suicide. As someone else said... it's just a phone.

If you don't have more important things to do in your life, you might use those 40 hrs you're standing in line to think of some!

12. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

I would never sleep outside for a phone, no way! Especially not in NYC.

13. mpw Guest

Maybe they just have a really important call to make?

14. joelk macrumors regular

well i wouldn't do it but whatever. i applaud eccentricity and not listening to your better senses. good for them.

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I'm not sure I'd call sleeping rough for 2 days to get a phone "living for the moment". Maybe if they were sneaking into the store in ninja outfits, stealing one, and leaving a calling card they'd be living for the moment.

Living for some moment in the future (6pm on June 29th) isn't living in the moment. ;)

I have to say, I'm not sure I'd be too keen on them being there if I was the owner/manager of a nearby store. Lots of smelly people outside, blocking the footpath.

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I don't get why so many of you are so angry about these people. So it's not for you (and not for me, either). Big deal. Literally billions of people around the world do things I wouldn't do every single day, for what I often think are stupid reasons. So what? Doesn't hurt me - and these people camping outside apple stores don't hurt you. Calm down, live, and let live.

17. antpod macrumors member

antpod

Damn. Why you guys being hella jerks. I mean saying they have no lifes. They probably are with their friends waiting and just hanging out anyways. When I waited for 360 one night I had all my friends come, drinks, and music while waitin so we basically just through a party.

18. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

for some people it's not the destination, but the journey.

19. iwork4ispot macrumors member

20. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

No kidding. AT&T stores are like radio shack or the Paris Metro -- you're never more than a few hundred feet from one.

21. ToddW macrumors 6502a

lets face it we are all materialistic, but this is just a bit overboard. and no matter what it comes to the 600 price tag just isn't worth it right now. my treo can do the same things. granted the web browser sux and isn't all that great but it does what it needs to for me. that and using my laptop i can get on the internet anywhere i need to and that is a nice thing to have. granted slow, but still a nice thing to have.

22. dagomike macrumors 65816

Kick and run! Kick and run! Everybody kick and run!

Seriously... it was introduced 6 months ago. If you don't get one Friday, is it going to kill anyone to wait another week?

23. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

If the bums in New York were smart they'd sit in line and get someone to pay them for their spot. They could make a months worth of begging wages in 3 days.

24. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I can't wait for Friday. Maybe in a couple weeks Apple can actually get back to bringing out newer computers again. In case you missed it, here is what Apple has given us year to date:

Jan:
    iPhone announced
    :apple:tv announced
    Airport Extreme announced

Feb:
    Colored Shuffles
    Airport Extreme shipping

Mar:
    :apple:tv shipping

Apr:
    Leopard delayed
    8-Core Mac Pros

May:
    MacBook speed bumps
    :apple:tv 2nd HDD option
    iTunes Plus

Jun:
    MacBook Pro Santa Rosa & LED
    Leopard re-preview
    Safari for Windows
    YouTube for :apple:tv

and of course, tomorrow, the
    iPhone

added to that more media craze and speculation about the iPhone than anything else, followed a distant second by a couple weeks of news almost solely about SEC investigations and allegations.

So unless you want to count the 8-core Mac Pros as a revision (please don't count display price drops too), and the measily MacBook speed bump, we have seen one computer related update this year: Santa Rosa based MacBook Pros. Thass it.

25. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

Oh man!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

love it.