Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
For people who picking up the phone tomorrow at their UPS center.

I'm getting up early tomorrow to get in line at my local UPS center to pick up the iPhone and will take a picture of the line when I get there.

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
Everytime I have gone there hasn't been a line for picking up the phones. Are there really some places that are packed?

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Everytime I have gone there hasn't been a line for picking up the phones. Are there really some places that are packed?
That was at my local one last year.
Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 11.12.20 AM.png

Canadia69

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Wwowowow wait, I'm allowed to go pick it up at the UPS store instead of waiting till like 2pm for it to come to my house?????

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
What time was this at and where? That's insane.
Early morning around 5am I think. I left to pick it up later though.

Orange County, California
[doublepost=1473966927][/doublepost]
Wwowowow wait, I'm allowed to go pick it up at the UPS store instead of waiting till like 2pm for it to come to my house?????

Yeah if you do "UPS My Choice" or call them over the phone and tell them that you want to pick it up at nearest UPS hub. Although depending where you live it could be far.

I want mine early morning :p, mine is about 20 minutes drive.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
Yep- but make sure it's a "customer center/hub" not just a UPS Store. Sometimes changing it to UPS Store can delay it by 1 full business day- but I think the hub delivery date stays the same. They just hold it at the same hub it would be at prior to being loaded on the truck to your house.

At least in Southern CA it seems to work this way. And yes, there have been long lines at my hub for pickup too! A lot of us work all day and will miss the signature delivery, so pickup is much easier (and secure).

Last edited:

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
That picture is crazy. My center doesn't open until 9 AM. I'm actually going to swing by the Apple Store to see if I can snag a Series 2 watch for my wife, head to work and go to UPS at lunch to pick up our phones.

importraverxx

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Wow that line is crazy! I picked up my 6 when it launch at UPS CC Ontario, CA and there was a line too but they literally just calling names on the box and you walk up to pick up yours, in an out in about 15 mins. Very efficient this way as they don't have to look for it one by one. Very cool to see many excited faces there though lol

My 7+ just departure scan from KY, going to swing by UPS at lunch tomorrow to pick that up

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
Wow that line is crazy! I picked up my 6 when it launch at UPS CC Ontario, CA and there was a line too but they literally just calling names on the box and you walk up to pick up yours, in an out in about 15 mins. Very efficient this way as they don't have to look for it one by one. Very cool to see many excited faces there though lol

My 7+ just departure scan from KY, going to swing by UPS at lunch tomorrow to pick that up

Doing the same - picking up tomorrow at lunch.

Reactions: importraverxx

AppleWarrior

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Early morning around 5am I think. I left to pick it up later though.

Orange County, California
[doublepost=1473966927][/doublepost]

Yeah if you do "UPS My Choice" or call them over the phone and tell them that you want to pick it up at nearest UPS hub. Although depending where you live it could be far.

I want mine early morning :p, mine is about 20 minutes drive.

I am only 4 miles away from mine :)

Reactions: AppleWes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.