Yes. I am a straight single male, and can cook.
I can cook and I'm not gay. I say to hell with bad stereotypes. I cook pretty damn well, too, I might add.I can cook too! Finally, another straight guy who can cook.
My roommates would frequently leave the kitchen messy, but my bf left a note that pretty much took care of that. He wasn't joking about the waking them up with a musical interlude (he was a classical composition major that played the french horn). Only took one early morning interlude to solve the disappearing milk problem.Of course, you could always take little visit to the kitchen from hell...
Anywho, this was the kitchen before and after. Yay for IKEA and stuff.Howdy,
Ok I am FED UP with the conditions in the kitchen, and that is putting it politely. I dont want to point fingers since everyone in this house is to blame, including me. That being the case, here is some general info and some basic rules to follow. The punishment is death.
Im not kidding.
- Just because the dishwasher is turned off/broken/in the living room or whatever, doesnt mean the dishes will go away. If you dirty dishes, and the dishwasher isnt functional at the time, wash the dish by hand. If you dont know how to do this, see me for a lesson in How to be a responsible roommate 101. If you dont want to wash dishes by hand, dont use our dishes. Go to Wal-Mart and buy some paper plates off which to eat. (See how I went out of my way and used awkward, yet correct grammar so I wouldnt end my sentence with a preposition?)
- If the dishwasher IS up and running, use it. This has been stressed several times, but it seems no one takes it seriously. Perhaps because they were waiting for the dishwasher to animate itself while we are all at work and clean up after us. I dunno.
- Any leftovers that are over a week old are fair game to be pitched. If you want to keep it long term for whatever reason (you love it, want to marry it, its growing mold cause you are too poor to buy penicillin) mark it somehow so we know its special.
- If any food IS growing mold, is mushy (like a bag of soggy, decomposing lettuce), etc. It will be thrown out no matter how long it has been in the fridge. (So I guess the homemade penicillin is out.) No one here is in school anymore so there shouldnt be any science projects in the fridge.
- If you eat it all, wash or pitch the container. If you eat all the pizza/ice cream/cookies and leave the empty box/carton/package in the fridge/freezer/cabinet I will buy another pizza/box of ice cream/bag of cookies and smear it all over your bed when you are at work.
- Back to the sink. The left side of the sink is never to hold dishes. We have been pretty good about this until we forget to load the dishwasher or wash dishes by hand.
- Dont wait until 5:20 am for me to discover there is no milk in the house. I will wake you up with a musical interlude. You wont like it.
Im not trying to be an ******* here, but if we four are to live together in this small house in harmony, we have to be considerate of each other. The kitchen, however is my realm and although my desk is always messy as hell I will not tolerate a sullied kitchen. I have spoken.