Pictures on MBP - iPhoto vs folder in finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by creativedogmedia, Oct 28, 2011.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I have 168 pics that I just imported into a folder within finder. I then imported those pics into iPhoto. I have made some changes and deleted a few pics within iPhoto. When I go to the folder to upload the pics within finder I notice that none of my changes have been applied and the pics that I deleted were still there. What is the best process to do what I am trying to do?

2. simsaladimbamba

iPhoto imports the photos into its package, the iPhoto Library file, located in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Photos / iPhoto, thus you have duplicates. If you don't want the duplicates, you can either delete the duplicates outside of iPhoto via Finder, or disable the copying to the iPhoto Library file via the iPhoto preferences.

3. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Thanks...I imported them all from my iPhone 4S via Image capture in Lion....that's where I created that initial folder....how else would I have gotten them off of my iPhone?

4. simsaladimbamba

I don't know, maybe iTunes, but I guess it is written in some guides already available on the www.