Pictures on Windows 7 (or Vista I guess)...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, May 9, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

How come when I go into the folder to copy photos, all the pictures are sideways??? I don't get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Even if I email them to my other email address it still shows up sideways, I really do not understand.

2. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Please, anyone??? I'd really appreciate it!!

PS: It wont let me rotate the photo in Windows LiveEssentials picture application. Very strange if you ask me.

3. The LPT macrumors regular

It's the way iOS 4 deals with taking photos. It saves the image as if you were holding the phone in landscape mode (with the home button on the right side) and saves it that way. It also inserts some meta data to let image viewers know to rotate it to the proper direction. Makes for saving to the camera roll much faster.

A lot of image viewers don't look at that part of the meta data to rotate the image accordingly.

iOS 3 would save the image in landscape or portrait resolution depending on how you held your phone. It takes longer to save since it has to run a matrix calculation to move all the appropriate pixels to the right spot to make it look rotated. (Not 100% sure about iOS3 part but that's my theory anyways :cool: )

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Go into Windows Explorer to the folder where you saved the photos and select the sideways pictures and right-click and select the Rotate clockwise/counterclockwise option

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

You cannot rotate them if you're viewing the content directly from the phone.
    You have to copy the pics to a local drive first.

6. elan123 macrumors 6502

Isn't there a utility that would allow it?