Pictures saved from emails now blurry with 2.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by srent5, Nov 22, 2008.

1. srent5 macrumors member

srent5

Has anyone else noticed that after updating to 2.2 that all of the pictures saved to the photo album from previous emails are now blurry. Every picture i saved to my photo album from emails in 2.1 are blurry, but all other pictures are fine. Anyone else? It also only seems to be pictures that were taken with another iphone. Pictures saved from the intrenet are fine and pictures emailed from a computer are also fine. Only iphone pictures emailed seem to be blurry.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I've found that saving large pictures to the iPhone always come out blurry. It's super annoying since you'd think that the higher the resolution the clearer the picture, but for some reason when I save big pictures, they come out messed up.

3. srent5 thread starter macrumors member

srent5

It's not the new pictures that I save. It is all older pictures that I had previously saved from emails in 2.1. Check any older pictures you saved from an email that were taken on an iphone.

4. srent5 thread starter macrumors member

srent5

The first one was prior to 2.2 and the second is a screen shot after 2.2

Attached Files:

5. Danarc macrumors member

am heading over to a genius because of three things today; Heating, auto brightness setting and blurry pictures saved from emails. I would gladly go back to a 2.1.

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Question. Does it stay blurry even when you transfer the image to your computer from the camera roll. Also, I agree, it's a very annoying bug.

Edit: I just tested it. The image is full resolution after importing it into iPhoto on the computer.

I smell 2.2.1 coming out before the end of the week.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I hope you're kidding. Do you really think they're going to address this ridiculously minor issue in a single week?

8. mokeiko macrumors 6502

Remove the "ridiculously minor issue" from your sentence next time, you'll sound a lot less ignorant. :rolleyes:

9. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Oops, sorry, I meant earth shattering and life threatening. If they can't stop Safari from crashing (and I just got my first crash in 2.2) then why would they give blurry saved email photos (for the 500 people worldwide that bother to save photos from an iPhone email) any priority, let alone release a fix specifically for it in a week? Pure delusion.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What are you talking about? I'm sure it's more like there are 500 people who don't save photos from emails, or safari on their iPhone.

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Whatever the severity of this bug, I seriously doubt Apple will release an update to fix it within a week (or two or even three) ... I mean, how long has it been now, and we STILL don't have copy and paste?They don't seem particularly worried about addressing customers' concerns. ;)

12. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Yes, but this is different. It's a feature they added that is now basically crap. It better get fixed, and soon! I save pictures from Emails and Safari ALL the time.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Safari saves pictures fine. And this isn't anything like copy and paste... copy and paste was never a feature to begin with... this time they just took a feature that used to work and ruined it. I hope they can release a small patch soon.

14. mokeiko macrumors 6502

I've never made reference about a fix in a week. I was merely pointing out how rude your remarks are to the OP, myself and any other remarks you intend to make to anyone else. Being civil and giving respect to the forums and the people who post here shouldn't be that difficult. As for your second comment, your ignorance is still showing.

mokeiko

15. AndyMoore macrumors 6502

AndyMoore

I've had this issue ever since I purchased my iPod touch 2nd Gen on release . . . so that must be firmware 2.1. Whenever I save a photo from Safari it shows as blurry in the photo viewer app. It's very annoying. I thought 2.2 would fix this issue but it hasn't.

The only way I've found around this is to use a photo app like Flex PhotoLab to open and then resave the photo without making any adjustments. Then the photos will show non-blurry in the photo viewer.

16. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's not what we are talking about. Yeah, they've been a LITTLE blurry before, but they're RIDICULOUSLY blurry now. Check out the screenshot another user posted.

17. AndyMoore macrumors 6502

AndyMoore

Thought this was the same issue. Ok, I'm not saving from emails but from Safari but the effect is just the same. The photo are RIDICULOUSLY blurry and always have been for me. The amount of blurriness hasn't changed.

18. vtjonny macrumors newbie

ipod touch vs iphone

I have an ipod touch 2g that has had this glitch since 2.1.1, but I have another 1g with 2.1 that the downloaded photos look great on. I tried all the devices at the apple store two weeks ago and all the ipod touches running 2.1.1 were like this while all the iphones were fine. So Apple just introduced the problem for iphones with the latest software release, while ipod touch owners have had it for several months already.

But I believe it is the same issue, and if Apple's reaction to it with the ipod foretells their interest to make it like the good old days (where the fine details worked) then it will probably be a long wait for a fix.