Piece broke off ofiPhone 4 Verizon Logic Board? Helpp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by davstern511, Oct 6, 2014.

1. davstern511, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

davstern511 macrumors newbie

Logic board of my Verizon iPhone 4 CDMA. Is my logic board OK? Will it still function? If it does work, will it work to its full extent? Can someone please tell me exactly what part of the logic board broke off and what its function is? Is it vital?

I can't just get another one because this was on iOS 5.1.1 which is very valuable to me and I had all my pictures from Arizona and California on them (I know, I know, its my fault for not backing up regularly).

All help and input is greatly appreciated! Thank you! and let me know if you require more photos

Attached Files:

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The small piece in the corner appears to just be the screw hole. It won't mount perfectly, and the board will be loose in the phone, but that shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Looking at high-resolution photos of the CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4 board it doesn't look like there are any traces in that corner, so you should be fine.

3. davstern511 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thank you, Anonymous Freak!
    I AM STILL ACCEPTING ANY OTHER INPUT

4. erftbll81 macrumors member

I would agree with this. Have you tried putting it back together to test it?

5. davstern511 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was going to put it back together, but, I accidently broke the LCD. I was wondering if it was worth getting a new screen depending on whether the logic board was disfunctional or not.

Thank you!