Piece of toast.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hillsandvalley, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hillsandvalley macrumors newbie

This i am sure has been covered else-where but a search didnt turn up much.

I have a early 2006 mbp which has been great for many years. But now the power supply is completely chared. After 5 years i figure this is acceptable.

But my question is, have others had there mbp burn out after shorter time?

Really hot laptops are fine by me, i just hate the thought that im slowly burning my machine up. The programs i use today are far more demanding than 6 years ago, so you know. i have concerns about dropping another 2thou+

ps when is the new mbp getting releases. haha just kidding. thought id rile some feather.

2. simsaladimbamba

If only the power supply is toast, why not get a new one?

And what applications do you use that are so demanding? Anyway, a current Mac will not just burn due to high CPU usage, and if it does, you always have a warranty.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

4. hillsandvalley thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i dont have an image of mine, but this will do. gets the point across..

hmm i dont really use anything that fancy. Vray and Maxwell Render. Maya. Max. etc.. etc.. games really just civ.

hmm i wasnt even aware that was a piece that could be replaced.

Attached Files:

5. njean777 macrumors 6502

Every part on a laptop can be replaced I believe. Take it to apple if you dont want to purchase another computer just yet and see what they can do.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Certainly better than buying another computer! Maybe they will not be able to do anything for a reasonable price, but it never hurts to try.