Piel drama for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lenow, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Lenow macrumors regular

I am seriously considering the piel frama leather flip case for the iPhone 4. I like the flip up rather than the flip down and need a good belt clip. Does anyone have experience within company's iPhone cases?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have their case for my iPad and it is exceptional.

That said I have two problems with this case.

1. Magnetic closure and a phone with a magnetometer in it. When I mentioned this to the people at Piel Frama they sent me a case with snap closure instead of the magnet.

2. I had a case with a flip cover like this for my 3Gs. It made using the camera difficult because when you opened it to take a photo the lid would flop down in front of the camera lens. You either were reduced to using it only in landscape orientation, using it upside down, or taking the phone out of the case to take a photo.

I notice that leather covers the infamous lower left corner making the reception issue a "Non Issue". :)

4. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Man, those two things could be deal breakers for me. Sweet case otherwise. Anyone else have feedback on this case?

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

My GF wore right through the bottom (speaker end) on the flip case she had for the 3G. It took about 10 months. She's pretty rough on her phone though.

6. xmtgx macrumors regular

Check out the itsmemorphious review of the one for the 3g/3gs. Goes into quite a bit of detail.

7. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Great review. Case looks a little thick. I prefer the flap to drop down like the Vaja case. Seems like it won't get in the way as much as opposed to pulling the flap up like the Piel Frama case.

8. MikeMc macrumors newbie

I like the Piel case

I had the Piel for my original iPhone. I had the one with a flat front with magnetic closure. I liked it so much that I ordered the same case when I got my iPhone3G. That was two years ago.

I just received my iPhone4 and would definitely order another if they come out with the same design (i.e., without the tab the wraps around the bottom of the phone to close.) One of the earlier posts is right, though...the flap usually was in the way when I wanted to use the camera...I usually ended up just sliding the phone out of the case when I wanted to snap a pic.

The one for my 3G is still in really good shape....good enough to put it up for sale on eBay.....not pristine, but definitely in good used condition.

I guess that makes a pretty good endorsement, as I look back at what I just wrote !!

And, for the skeptics, I am in no way associated with Piel.

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Piel Frama does make the case that you are talking about...

http://www.pielframa.com/apple-iphone-4-magnetic-cases.htm

I decided to go with the Vaja Black Series case. Similar to the ivolution Top SP, but without the stripe. I like the fact that the flap drops down. The flap could still be a little awkward, but maybe not as bad as having to pull the flap up. This case will be good for work as I wear a suit and tie everyday. I have a leather holster and will order the Seidio spring clip once it is released, so I really don't have a need for another belt clip case.