Piel frama black iPhone 4 case is great

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lenow, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Lenow macrumors member

Just got my new black case. It is really lovely and more importantly, functional. I will post pics tomorrow but it was worth the wait. Beautiful leather, fit is perfect and I feel like it will provide great protection. The clip is rock solid and I don't miss the ratchet as on my sen a case or vaja. I prefer the bottom up flip style.

2. random person macrumors 6502a

did you get the iMagnum version? I LOVE mine! Even if not that version, the leather on the Piel Frama is not to be believed -- like the leather on a very expensive fine portfolio. bliss!!!!!

3. Lenow thread starter macrumors member

iMagnum in Black Photos

Yes, the iMagnum. I agree about the quality of the leather. THis case is simple and elegant. The leather is just luxurious and there is padding in the cover that makes me feel that much better about carrying out my iphone 4. The structure of the phone holder is sleak and doesn't interfere with using the phone at all. Here are some pictures:

Attached Files:

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Very nice. That just reaffirms my original thought from the first thread about this case that it would look good in black. The black phone with this black case looks like it works very well.

5. Errz macrumors member

too bad its a flip up ...if flip down, I'll get one for sure.

6. random person macrumors 6502a

The flip up actually works better than the flip down -- for me anyway, as it is completely out of the way when you talk or surf. Even with photos it is easy to hold it out of the way.

7. jblock macrumors regular

Thanks for the pictures and review. After seeing this thread and Random's I just couldn't get over the exposed back around the camera so went for the "classic" flip with the magnets instead.

8. random person macrumors 6502a

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the quality no matter which model you choose. And their customer service is fabulous too!

9. Derald Lary macrumors member

I have had my black IMAGNUM for about three weeks and it is great. After the first week of use, the flip up and over folds nicely against the back of the phone when talking and does not look as goofy at the dangle down of the Vaja. Also, when I plug the charge cable in, the cover remains in place--just not secured by the magnet. My first three Piel Frama cases were all in the brown leather and the black seems to be a better all round look. I gave my son's wife one in green but I have not yet seen it.

10. yezzimbakk macrumors newbie

I have been wanting the red crocodile one for the 3gs for a while now, have you had a model similar to that one? Does it add much bulk? Thanks.

11. Derald Lary macrumors member

I had the brown leather on my 3gs and I was very happy with it. I usually carried my phone in my front pocket of my pants and I was comfortable. I doubt that the croc version will add much bulk. Go for it. The two ladies that I have dealt with in the export department have been very accommodating if I had a question. Email Angelica or Estefania and they will help you if you want more assurance.

12. yezzimbakk macrumors newbie

Thanks, yeah I think I will as soon as I have the money. Its basically been the case Ive always wanted for as long as I can remember but was always worried about bulk and the flap getting in the way (which I have been reassured by a few people now that it doesnt.) Im probally gonna order off cases.com since there are a couple 30% off coupon which would void the shipping costs.

13. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I ordered the "classic" flip also but with the snap. The camera corner is too exposed for me too. Mine should be here Monday.

14. django696 macrumors member

django696

I like that case too. Where did you find the coupons????

15. jblock macrumors regular

Got my tan classic flip today. The magnets don't interfere with the compass. Wow, the quality of the leather is amazing with no flaws. Hopefully the inside won't stretch out over time and make the phone slip but it's tight right now. I like the new metal insert to use when you remove the belt clip; it's silver with their logo on it. I hope the tan cleans easy; what do you guys use to keep the leather clean? I used a 15% off coupon from cases.com, if there's a 30% one out there I'd be tempted to get another.

16. django696 macrumors member

django696

Got my PeilFrama,black today. As the others have said, it is of great quality. Ordered from cases.com on the 17th arrived on the 20th..with the 15% coupon.

17. unknownking123 macrumors newbie

Camera flash

I'm thinking about getting the Classic Snap Closure but with most cases, I'm worried about the camera and whether the flash will affect the photos. What are everyone's views on the camera and flash?

Also, what's the thickness like as the photos make it look like bulky?

18. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Can anyone answer the above question regarding the thickness of this case? I am trying to decide between this or the Vaja Ivolution black series for my "nice case". Will it fit comfortably in a front pants/jean pocket or is it too bulky to do so?

Anyone who has this case or the other and could help out? Would be great. Thanks.