Piel Frama flip vs. Vaja ivolution flip

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sixth Street, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Sixth Street macrumors member

Trying to decide between these two relatively expensive cases. Not too worried about the quality of the cases as both are known as great products. The customize feature of the Vaja is unimportant to me as I just want a good looking tan case anyways.

My main factor is definitely the depth of each case. I'd like to be able to slip it in my front pant pocket. I haven't seen any reviews discussing the ability to put it in the front pocket anywhere on either case. But I figure either both would be front pocketable or neither. Can't imagine much depth difference between the two.

But what's really confusing me is that I love the semi-wallet functionality of the Piel Frama as I use a very minimal wallet and I could use the case as a consolidated wallet/phone so as to eliminate the need to carry a separate wallet. But I love the bottom flipping design of the Vaja because I think that design makes it much easier to use the phone in the case when talking. I don't think the up-flipping design of the Piel Frama to be conducive to talking on the phone in the case.

Can anyone comment on the usability of the phone in the Piel Frama or if the Vaja ivolution by chance would be able to carry a couple credit cards and cash like the Piel Frama?

Thanks

2. MacGirl321 macrumors newbie

Piel Frama vs. Vaja leather cases for iPhone

Can anyone comment on the usability of the phone in the Piel Frama or if the Vaja ivolution by chance would be able to carry a couple credit cards and cash like the Piel Frama?

I just ordered the Piel Frama iPhone case (in red, of course!) and once I try it out I'll post what I think. But, for now let me say that I've had a Piel Frama case for my Palm PDA (that the iPhone conveniently replaced) and I LOVED it. the flip top was perfect although it does add some bulk. I always felt my PDA was well protected. I wanted the same (even more) peace of mind with my latest investment in the iPhone. The case is arriving in about 2 weeks. I'll post when I get it and try it out.:):):):)

3. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

And I ordered the Vaja (in red and black of course) with the flip-top (after buying one for my Ipod last year and loving it)

So we can compare notes!

4. MacGirl321 macrumors newbie

Case Update

Well, I've had my case for about a week now and as predicted, I love it! I feel like my phone is well protected and that if i needed to carry a few credit cards or cash with me, i can. i love the flip top (some may not) and i am thrilled with the color. it was only about $60 ($80 for my Palm case) and i think it is completely worth it.