Piel Frama's new iPad2 cases are out

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by class77, Mar 14, 2011.

1. class77, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I had one of their cases for my iPad and of course sold it with the unit. I can attest to the quality of case, it is top grain leather, very smooth and soft feel, but resists dirt and stains very well. If the iPad2 would fit in it I would still have it.

3. woodekm, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I cut my old original iPad cover lid from the back of it, and slid it in my Piel Frama case for the iPad1, then slipped my iPad2 into it. It fits really good. I cant use the camera (which I'll never use anyway), and the side slot is just a *little* deep (you can still EASILY acces the switches), but I LOVE that leather ca$e and am thrilled I can use it for my iPad 2. Honestly dont think you would even notice its not a iPad 2 case.

I ordered the Piel Frama iPad 2 case on Friday when they sent me the notice, but canceled today after getting the new iPad to fit in the old case this weekend.

Cardboard my work too or any thin type material, but the lid from the old iPad works perfect and its black (and kind of sticky), so you cant see it if there was an edge towards the hinge.

Give it a try if you have a Piel frama iPad 1 case. Cant hurt! Fits nice and tight, and does NOT look hokey.

Most beautiful cases on the market (imho).

edit: I noticed that the center home button is a little off center as well, due to the bezel disappearing on the iPad 2, (making it a little less wide overall) but its not off center by much and you can still see the whole button with the case on.

4. KKSigs macrumors member

5. glen e macrumors 68030

Too much leather around pad....will stick w portenza

6. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

no sleep/wake function either or they would have described it.

I think they probably just overlooked the mic button and didn't realize the importance of this function.

I sent them an email directing them to the smart cover tear down article, so we will see what they have to say.

that would be a relatively no brainer for them to add a magnet to the front cover.

7. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

Wrong...Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

8. arcangel6 macrumors regular

arcangel6

As has been said above, it does have a mic cutout. It also has a sleep function. Below is an email I received from PF:

-----------
    Thank you very much for your email................In fact, our cases for iPad 2 have been designed to provide the function sleep / awake of the iPad 2 themselves but the magnets will not cause any problems.

Angélica Menacho
    Export Manager
    http://www.pielframa.com
    ----------

9. gatech2 macrumors member

I thought about one of these. Have read they are almost too thick
    Since you have owned the case before what are your thoughts.
    BTW Which color did you choose?
    Thanks