Pikmin

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by zap2, Mar 28, 2009.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I was at target Today because I though there was a "Buy 2, get the third free" game sale going on. Sadly I found out it actually starts tomorrow(I was gonna buy Madworld and two other games)While looking at what they had I saw Pikmin remade with Wii controls. But they're wasn't thr sale today, so I figured I could wait.

I came home, looked at games I had to play, and was Pikmin 2 sitting on the self. I had bought it with some other used NGC games as the NGC was nearing the end of its life. I put it in and started playing...wonderful game! I only played part of the Pikmin 1, but now I'm gonna pick it up for Wii for sure! And the 2nd one is coming for Wii too!

If you haven't played this game, give it a shot. 30 bucks new for Wii, likely much cheaper for NGC(if you can find it). Also look for Pikmin 2(or wait for it to come to Wii as well)

I'm excited for Pikmin 3 which is coming one day as well. Honestly this is a gem Nintendo made, and I don't think its gets enough credit.

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The feedback for the Wii version is good, so I'm going to get it. My friend has praised the Cube version since its release, I just never got around to it.

Speaking of similar games, I'm buying Overloards for the Wii when it comes out. Codemaster is an excellent developer, they really no their ***** on the PC, so I have complete confidence in their Wii efforts.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

To be honest I've played Wii Control Pikmin, and the difference between overall experience of playing between the GC / Wii version is simply not enough to justify getting it unless you really do not own or have previously completed the GC version.

The fact Pikmin 2 comes out very shortly with Wii Controls too, really makes Pikmin harder to justfiy, seeing as the sequel is vastly superior playing experience all round, and I dont just mean controller wise.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I missed them both when they first came round so I'll be getting them. Along with the Metroid Prime Wii version - one of the best games I've ever played that thing.