Pimp My Safari shuts down their site

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ziggyonice, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

For any of you that used PimpMySafari.com, it looks like they've decided to close up shop with the release of Safari 5.

I really loved PMS (haha); I went there often for all sorts of great projects, especially in Safari's earlier days. Sad to see it go. Best of luck to Hicksdesign in all that they do!

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

For someone who has no clue, what are extensions and why are they useful?

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Extensions extend the functionality of Safari 5. They're useful, because they extend the functionality of Safari 5.

Also: use Google/Bing/Yahoo!/Scroogle/ask/anything and you'll get a more in depth answer without bothering anyone on the forum. It's what search engines are for.

4. Scooch macrumors newbie

Extensions are a way for third party developers to add custom functionality to the Safari Browser.

Developers can make toolbar buttons that perform special functions (like show the number of unread GMail messages), more feature-rich toolbars, and automatically do other things to website content like block ads, change colors and fonts, etc. The possibilities are endless.

This is new in Safari 5.