Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Fan 4 Ever

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Is there a way to pin apps in the multitasking bar? Like when music is playing and you clear all apps, music stays in the switcher, is there a way to do this with any app I choose?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Battery Doctor Pro

For example, with swipeaway, you can choose up to 10 for the tweak to not close when you active the close all apps gesture. But then again, I'm not sure if this is what you want

oSieKtq.jpg

Edit: same with killbackground, you can choose which apps to filter to not auto close

Mac Fan 4 Ever

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
For example, with swipeaway, you can choose up to 10 for the tweak to not close when you active the close all apps gesture. But then again, I'm not sure if this is what you want

Edit: same with killbackground, you can choose which apps to filter to not auto close

Just downloaded swipe away..works very nicely, thanks! Do you know if there's anyway to implement this with BDP? When I use the kill all function there, all of the apps still close...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Just downloaded swipe away..works very nicely, thanks! Do you know if there's anyway to implement this with BDP? When I use the kill all function there, all of the apps still close...

They're two different tweaks so I doubt you can use the BDP button. If you want a button rather than a gesture to close all apps (except for the ones you selected), I would recommend to try out KillBackground

And just so you know, these tweaks just make it so that these apps aren't closed when you press the close all apps button

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.