Pin-head charger lifespans = rapid wear & tear?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GuyInTheBack, Oct 25, 2015.

1. GuyInTheBack macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

Is it me or are the latest pin-head chargers AWFUL? I've gone through 2 so far in less than a year.

The old square-head one eventually wore down after a lot of travel wear and tear, but never near the point of contact with the laptop and after much longer.

I know it's not just me as I see many around with scotch tape around the heads.

Is there a trick to avoiding this or is it a widespread problem?

P.S. This is what I mean by pinhead if that's not the right term: http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/pr8AAOSwu4BVkEty/s-l225.jpg

2. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

I don't know if it was due to debris or wear, but I found that the Magsafe for my 2011 MBP would disconnect way too easily. Yeah I know that's the point of the Magsafe, but it's more of a problem than a benefit 99% of the time. I like traditional chargers better for this reason.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It coudl just be you but I doubt it I see a lot of moaning about chargers on here. I have never had an issue mine are always fine for years and years I've never replaced one myself but it seems that others area lot harder on them than I am.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So far, my magsafe chargers has been holding up for me. I have a 2010 MBP that works and a 2012 model as well.