PIN storage

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
I was wondering if anyone out there new of a good app (preferably) freeware that would allow me to safely/securely store all of my PINs and whatnot...

Thanks...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Create an encrypted disk image in Disk Utility about 2.5-10MB in size. Create a password for the disk image, deselect Remember password. Mount the disk image, and drag in your text files containing your PIN numbers. Unmount disk image.

Next time you mount the disk image, it'll ask for your password, with the option of saving the password in a keychain file. Don't save it to your keychain. If you forget the password to your disk image, consider whatever is inside to be lost forever. Use AES128-bit encryption and it should be safe.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
Lacero said:
Create an encrypted disk image in Disk Utility about 2.5-10MB in size. Create a password for the disk image, deselect Remember password. Mount the disk image, and drag in your text files containing your PIN numbers. Unmount disk image.

Next time you mount the disk image, it'll ask for your password, with the option of saving the password in a keychain file. Don't save it to your keychain. If you forget the password to your disk image, consider whatever is inside to be lost forever. Use AES128-bit encryption and it should be safe.
this is what i use too..

however i was using a program called MindFortress .. not freeware though. but does all kinds of information. do a search on versiontracker.com or similar