Pin tabs and enable extentions in Chrome / Chromium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joejoejoe, Dec 10, 2009.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Hey,

I was surfing through Chrome extensions and came across this screenshot: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ipnenhkngeiigfbhacdhadcnjjklhblm

If you notice in the top left hand corner there seems to be a dedicated gmail tab and google reader tab... I know it might only be a windows thing since extensions aren't available for mac yet, but how exactly do you do this? Is it an option or an extension altogether?

Tried a search but came up with squat.

2. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

'pinned tabs' I guess they must be in some of the windows development builds now, they are certainly integral to the chromium os builds I have been trying on my netbook.

3. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

This may not work for the Mac version of Chrome just yet, but check this out.

4. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Cool, thanks for the link!

Hope they enable this for the beta sometime soon. Would love to have my gmail always pinned up there.

5. ad551 macrumors newbie

This doesn't work on Mac Chrome yet, but in Windows you can get minitabs like that simply by dragging the tab all the way over to the left of the window.

Love the feature and can't wait for it to come to our version! :)

6. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

got it to work!

well... i downloaded chromium and you can pin tabs there.

I know that they figured out how to get pinned tabs to show up on startup for windows, so that they don't go away every time you close the chrome window, but is there any way to do this on mac?

It's be great to have the tabs already pinned to my gmail accounts when I start up.

Thanks!

P.S. Extensions work in chromium :)