pin-wheel question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kelv1ntran, Apr 9, 2009.

1. kelv1ntran macrumors member

what is the reason for the pinwheel? i seem to get it more and more often usually within safari when opening tabs but sometimes when i'm opening apps also. i'm maxed out at 4gbs from OWC i didn't seem to have this problem before i upgraded my ram but then again i didn't have the 2gbs for very long :)

also... is the fact that watching videos ie youtube or playing omgpop... (i'll admit u can find me on there, gemmers is my game) makes my laptop super hot mean anything? or what the reason behind it is? kinda curious my sisters boyfriend with the umbp says that his computer doesn't get hot when watchin videos but when i watch videos the left side of the keyboard gets very warm almost kinda hot ~80C on average after about 10 minutes of video before the fans kick in but even at the it sits around 70C

2. o2xygen macrumors regular

Safari seems to do that quite a bit,even for me on my quad mac pro 2008 with 4gb ram. As for the temps, I think its mac not enjoying flash

3. Sparky19 macrumors newbie

sometimes i get it on safari even when i have barely any apps open and i also have 4gb ram