Pinch to enlarge icons no longer working?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by juro, Jan 14, 2009.

1. juro macrumors member

Hi guys,

I am using a Rev A MBA, and I just noticed that after the 10.5.6 update, I have lost the functionality of the pinch gesture when trying to enlarge/reduce icons — both on the desktop and finder. Still works in all other areas like photos or webpages.

Anybody else notice this?

2. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Yep I noticed it's gone. Strange.
    Perhaps they plan on implementing the gestures more elaborately in a coming version of finder.
    Who knows ^^:p

3. izibo macrumors 6502

Personally, I'm happy it's gone! I used to accidentally enlarge or shrink icons once a week.

4. Bravecat macrumors newbie

5. dudup macrumors regular

dudup

Agreed, this happened a lot with me also. I'm thankful it's gone!

6. Jerlatti macrumors newbie

Same here, MBA doesn't seem to enlarge the icons anymore after installing 5.6..

By the way, why is it that you can only enlarge text in a brower (like e.g. firefox or omniweb) by cmd - shift - + and can't resize the font back to a smaller type by 'cmd shift -' .. ? Looks awquard to me. :eek:

7. hodgeheg macrumors regular

Mine is Rev B and has also lost this behaviour. However it happened post 10.5.6, since it had 10.5.5 at purchase but this was after the release of 10.5.6 so I updated it immediately, and I remember that functionality working.

8. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Search the forums on this topic...I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before.

If I remember correctly there's an option in Finder preferences where you can toggle the pinch zoom function on or off.

9. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

Man am I glad I stumbled across this thread. This bothered me but I figured something had just broken on it's own. I hadn't even connected it to the 10.5.6 upgrade.

Anyway, miggitymac is right... there is now an option in finder preferences. I'm so glad to have it back.

Attached Files:

10. hodgeheg macrumors regular

Thanks very much!

11. juro thread starter macrumors member

It's these sort of "discoveries" that make going to these forums so worthwhile — thanks a lot!

12. coupdetat macrumors 6502

Wow, I just noticed this earlier today too! I thought I was losing my multi-touch skills :eek: