Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordthistle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Italy
I have a problem with the pinch-to-zoom gesture in Mac OS Ventura 13.1 on a MacBook Air M1.

I have seen there are other users with issues in pinch to zoom in Safari, I am experiencing them as well but that is not the reason of this post.

In my case pinch to zoom completely stops working in all the applications.
I need to visit System Settings -> Trackpad -> Scroll & Zoom and, without doing anything (just a small glimpse is enough), it starts working again.

Is there anyone experiencing this issue? Is there a solution? Pinch-to-zoom on my Windows laptop is nowadays more reliable...

jbg95

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2010
I have a problem with the pinch-to-zoom gesture in Mac OS Ventura 13.1 on a MacBook Air M1.

I have seen there are other users with issues in pinch to zoom in Safari, I am experiencing them as well but that is not the reason of this post.

In my case pinch to zoom completely stops working in all the applications.
I need to visit System Settings -> Trackpad -> Scroll & Zoom and, without doing anything (just a small glimpse is enough), it starts working again.

Is there anyone experiencing this issue? Is there a solution? Pinch-to-zoom on my Windows laptop is nowadays more reliable...
I have seen the same thing. But for me, pinch to zoom works fine, then stops for a few seconds to minutes, than magically starts working again. I can switch between windows and both won't "pinch to zoom" until they do. I don't need to visit System Settings to make it work again. It just starts working.

mpso3

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2022
I've been having this issue since the initial public release of Ventura. 2019 16" MacBook Pro. It's pretty frustrating as I use pinch to zoom in almost every application - turning the feature off then back on in settings will get it back to working as normal.. but eventually (sometimes within minutes) it breaks again.

Reactions: ThomasJL

Beavix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2010
Romania
Same issues here. Mac mini M1 with Magic Trackpad. Pinch to zoom randomly stops working. I had this issue in Monterey, now it looks like 13.1 brought it back :(

MacScape

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2021
I've been having this issue since the initial public release of Ventura. 2019 16" MacBook Pro. It's pretty frustrating as I use pinch to zoom in almost every application - turning the feature off then back on in settings will get it back to working as normal.. but eventually (sometimes within minutes) it breaks again.
I have the same configuration and issue too. It's so frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.