Pineapple Logo-Does it stay?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by txhockey9404, Aug 19, 2008.

1. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

If you install a pwn an iPod touch, will the pineapple logo remain from the hacked firmware after a fresh reinstall of the stock firmware?

2. dagored macrumors 65816

Not if you go into expert mode and uncheck it. Then the apple logo as always appears.

3. txhockey9404 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I am considering jailbreaking for the themes. Do you know if customize works properly yet? If not, I will just wait

4. dagored macrumors 65816

Forget customize. Load winterboard from cydia and you won't look back.
    [​IMG]

5. txhockey9404 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What are the benefits of Winterboard over Customize? And can 2.0.2 be jailbroken, because I find it much better than 2.0.1?

6. JL7 macrumors member

What theme is this?

7. dagored macrumors 65816

Dagored's theme. I made it up as I went along.

8. illweather macrumors regular

How do you change the pineapple back to an apple if you've already pwnd your touch? Know where to look via ssh? Thanks.

Overall I like 2.0, Safari is faster and the customization thus far is about as exstensive when compared to previous firmwares. It should only get better. Cydia is great, the new Installer is buggy and not necessary.

9. dagored macrumors 65816

You can not. You must pwn it again. Sorry.

10. illweather macrumors regular

Really? That's hard to believe. You'd think there'd be a .png image in a directory somewhere that could be changed/swapped via SSH...

11. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I can't help but notice that the clock is the icon for the Awaken Mac app. I'm all for themes, but not for pirating artwork.

12. illweather macrumors regular

Many people use that icon in their own "themes." Many also use the Safari, Quicktime, Firefox, and a few hundred other pieces of pirated artwork to represent apps on their springboard. If anything look at it as free advertising for software titles not even available for the touch/iphone. Like wearing a software logo on a shirt. I doubt the icon artists are loosing sleep.

Speaking of icons, damn you pineapple! Enough, I want my apple back.

13. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

With winterboard, can you change out sliders, bottom bar, battery images, badges, etc? If so how should the folders be arranged to have the complete theme set. :( Almost complete with the themes, just need those smaller customizations to be complete.