Ping Only Lets You Select iTunes Music?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheGrudge, Sep 2, 2010.

1. TheGrudge macrumors member

TheGrudge

I tried to add the band "Tool" to my Ping page last night and when I ran the search in the PING search-box no results were found. I assume because Tool is not available in iTunes.

Is the point of PING not to share music with friends? If something is in my collection I should be able to share it - it shouldn't have to be something they can BUY in iTunes. Even if they aren't able to listen to samples from the iTunes store it would still be worth sharing a song title here and there.

I needed to get that out....

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, the point is to get your friends to buy music as advertised through social networking. People are more likely to buy something that is recommended to them by their friends. I don't know if your theory about sharing music not on iTunes is correct, but it seems likely. If you can't buy it on iTunes, why bother allowing you to share it?

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, no Beatles on my Ping page. :( I'd imagine that they'll update it later and it just wasn't in Ping to begin with because adding music that isn't in their database is a more difficult task.