Ping your iPhone from Watch is a great feature!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Skorpio, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Skorpio, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Sometimes I feel I would lose my mind if it wasn't on my iPhone . Today, I lose my iPhone somewhere in the house. Quickly, I remembered I could ping it right from my wrist on my AW, sending out a sound from the phone. After around 3 pings and following the sound, I found my iPhone! On the stove that I passed about 3 times before I realized I lost it

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I very seldom lay my phone down when not using it. I can see how this would be great for people who do. I tried the function and it is pretty loud so you should be able to find it anywhere in the house.

3. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Ive used this several times as well. If I'm on the couch and use my phone, I'll sometimes sit it down on the couch which inevitably gets it either laid on by the dog, wound up underneath the throw blanket, stuffed in between the cushions, etc. so I've relied on the ping feature to find it or else I'd be tearing the living room apart to find it! lol

4. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

You guys didn't use find my iPhone for this before? :) (yes, on the watch being more convenient...sometimes) :)

5. Skorpio thread starter macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Find iPhone feature can tell which ROOM my phone is in?!

6. littlezumbo, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

littlezumbo macrumors member

You have the ability to ping your phone using Find My iPhone as well. However, twisting your wrist, swiping up for glances, and pinging the phone is (at least for me) far more convenient than walking over to my iPad, taking it out of its case, unlocking it, opening a folder, opening the app, logging in, waiting for the app to locate iPhone, then finally pinging phone. I used this feature yesterday when my phone was squirreled away underneath cushions on the couch. Another use-case scenario that is greatly underestimated for the AW.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I also really like this feature as I don't have to login to iCloud.com or get my iPad to ping my phone.