iPad Pink hue on Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Maggiep67, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

My apologies if this has been posted. I tried a search and found minimal issues about this.

Picked up my Air 2 Friday. Yesterday I noticed that the screen appears to have a pink hue on the right side in landscape or at the bottom on portrait.

Anyone else run into this? Considering going back to the Apple Store and exchanging. Maybe I should wait a few more days to see if this clears itself up?

Thanks.

2. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

It will not clear up I can reassure you that. If it bothers you then return it and get a new one.

3. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

If it doesn't look good, exchange it now that it's new.

4. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Just came back from the Apple store. No issues exchanging it. They suggested I open it up and set it up right there so I can check for any issues with the screen which they would swap out again if there were any problems with the replacement.

There were none. Ran it through some internet pages (including these forums) and it all checked out fine.

No issues with the replacement and I was in and out in less than 30 mins. This is the very first time I have ever had an issue where I needed a replacement (out of about a dozen or so Apple products we have owned) and I must say it was pretty painless.:)

5. ChewyWaffles macrumors newbie

I have the pink hue on my Air 2. Got another one coming from Apple and will return my first one when this one arrives.

6. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

Is this really noticeable? I wanna check my iPad 2 again when I get home but I haven't really noticed anything that caught my eye, so far.

7. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Hope it works out for you!! I am thrilled with my replacement.

8. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

It was for me. Could totally see it on the right side in landscape and at the bottom in portrait. It's very faint but it was there.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Sounds like you have your answer.