pink iphone scam?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by huntercr, Sep 8, 2008.

1. huntercr macrumors 65816

On facebook, my wife pointed out to me that she got an Ad for "iPhone testers wanted for new pink iPhone"

Anyone heard of this? I can't get the Ad to come up for me. It must be targeted to female profiles. Is it a scam?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I do not know if it is a scam but there is no pink iPhone unless it came from Colorware.

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

it probably is, but i cant say for sure.
    apple only released a white and black iphone. i have never heard of a pink iphone. its probably a scam so i wouldnt advise doing that ad that your wife was given.

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

probably a scam. i think there would be a product red iphone more than anything

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

It's probably just one of those come ons where you take a long survey, then look at 50 flash ads, then give your email address to 10 out of 25 websites for some "free offers". 2 hours and 500 clicks later, you're so tired and mad that you see red, and a white iPhone looks pink.

6. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

definitely a way to get hits on their website and an e-mail or address to aim spam at.

7. jetwina macrumors newbie

It isn't a scam they just make you fill out an address and your phone number and then after that they want you to buy two things in order to proceed with getting "your new iphone!" but I didn't go any further than that and now these people are blowing up my phone and text messages. So I'd recommend don't.

8. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

As if Apple would hire testers...on Facebook...