Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
On facebook, my wife pointed out to me that she got an Ad for "iPhone testers wanted for new pink iPhone"

Anyone heard of this? I can't get the Ad to come up for me. It must be targeted to female profiles. Is it a scam?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I do not know if it is a scam but there is no pink iPhone unless it came from Colorware.

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
it probably is, but i cant say for sure.
apple only released a white and black iphone. i have never heard of a pink iphone. its probably a scam so i wouldnt advise doing that ad that your wife was given.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
It's probably just one of those come ons where you take a long survey, then look at 50 flash ads, then give your email address to 10 out of 25 websites for some "free offers". 2 hours and 500 clicks later, you're so tired and mad that you see red, and a white iPhone looks pink.

jetwina

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
It isn't a scam they just make you fill out an address and your phone number and then after that they want you to buy two things in order to proceed with getting "your new iphone!" but I didn't go any further than that and now these people are blowing up my phone and text messages. So I'd recommend don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.