Pink lines on MBP screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thefizzle657, Nov 2, 2011.

1. thefizzle657 macrumors regular

My mother bought herself a 15" MBP 2.0GHz i7 this past February. Lately it has been having this strange problem where all of the white space on the screen is filled with pink flashing dots in any and every window. At first the problem was intermittent and would pop up at seemingly random times. It started about a month ago and usually after a reboot disappeared for a few days. We took it over to have it checked out at the Genius bar and they held the computer over night but said that since they couldn't replicate the problem gave it back and said to take pics the next time it happens and bring it back. We're going to go to the Apple store next week but I just thought that I would ask here to see if anybody has had the same problem and/or knows what the problem is. Here's a pic:
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5944/dscn2525i.jpg

I figure that it's a problem with the display or the display cable or something along those lines.

Edit: Thought that I would add that everything in the computer is stock.

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

It looks like it's a graphics problem. She still has warranty so take it to the Apple Store to get it looked at.

3. Detrius macrumors 68000

That's the kind of thing that won't show up in a screen shot. I'd expect LCD or LVDS cable. I've seen it be either one. Sometimes reseating the cable is all it takes.