Pink Problem with Mac Mini (Late 2014)

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by SiriusNY, Nov 23, 2015.

1. SiriusNY macrumors newbie

SiriusNY

Hey to all! I started to notice one thing with my mac mini 2014 (core i5 1.4 + 4 gb + SSD). When my mac is coming back from sleep mode it's pink colors on the screen. I see everything on the screen, it's workable and i don't see any problems except the colour. Reboot solves this. The problem is rare, but i can't understand what happens. It's about 2-5 times a month. It was before and after changing ssd.

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Check and tweak your color profile in the Displays System's prefs.

3. bogus129 macrumors newbie

My wife has a Mac mini Late 2012. Occasionally the pink tint screen appears. She doesn't have anything added like the SSD. I'm not sure what is the cause; but, rather than restarting the machine, I found that unpluging the monitor and returning the cord fixes her problem. Hope this helps.

4. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

My 2012 does this also, rarely. I just turn off the display and then turn it back on and it comes back on fine.

5. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. Rebooting mini or turning off or unplugging the monitor will force it re-establish the connection. Perhaps setting the mini to never sleep will cure it. I use a mini display port to DVI adapter to connect my monitor rather than HDMI and never seen this pink screen.

6. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Mine doesn't ever sleep, it just sleeps the display.