Pink screen and only....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rjohnny, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Rjohnny, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

Rjohnny macrumors newbie

I posted earlier about a week ago concerning my pink screen.I am in no way too picky because I have about 4 stuck pixels and a bit of an led light exposed and they don't bother me at all. Now when it comes to my screen it is definitely really pink and now it's showing when I play video's there is a pink hue on everything. This issue has only gotten worse with time and has become a darker pink.

I made an appointment with genius bar for tomorrow and would really like his input on this, I thought I was perhaps going color blind but had shown it to a few and confirmed it is pink( glad I don't have a medical issue lol) . The only problem is I don't really want a refurbished iPad and I certainly don't care about small issues but this pink is a bit too much on the eyes after awhile. Is it possible to get a brand new iPad ? I have apple care plus and got this iPad deliveried on launch day

Anyone else get a pink screen and returned it?

2. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Good luck with that

:)
    My screen is uniform but tinted pink. Took it to Apple store to make sure I wasn't imagining things and sure enough, the display units had warmer yellowish displays or blue ones. However Apple "genius" informed me it would fall within "acceptable" parameters and I needed to exchange it within 14-day window or live with it as it wouldn't be covered under AppleCare. I'd already been through 2 units with uneven screen tints and this one is uniform so I decided to live with it and be grateful for the problems I don't have with it. Not that I've looked for unobvious dead pixels or light bleed in a pitch black room. So answer is: probably not returnable for new unit unless these other issues are bad and doubtful it will be exchangeable under AppleCare only for the pink tint as that's considered "normal". I don't know what their standard is for pixels and light bleed. Good luck to you though!

3. Rjohnny thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks... I never went looking for problems that is for sure the only reason I saw the stuck pixels and the led light exposed on the top of my iPad near the camera was because when I went to reboot it , it was obvious on the apple logo screen on boot up

Is yours really pink?

Thanks for the reply

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

It's pretty pink, especially in daylight. But hey, otherwise it looks good and colors seem to be well-rendered so I'm moving on. As my husband said, "you like pink anyway".:p At least it doesn't look dingy (sp?) and it's uniform. Nothing's perfect, at least this year. . .

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I think you might have gotten a different response from a different genius. If it ends up bothering you I would try again.

6. Rjohnny thread starter macrumors newbie

Then I should get a sex change and just learn to love pink :p but in all seriousness I kind of look at it this way....if you go buy a brand new car on a lot and the color you want is white but on the day you go pick it up it's pink. Would you keep it? I understand there could be worse out there but just sayin'

7. The Economist macrumors 6502

The Economist

Mine had a good screen but its been getting pinker after 10 days of use. I find it annoying so I'll exchange it tomorrow. Colors look great except for wite, but bescause its primary use will be for reading its not a keeper.