Pink Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hayleywow, Dec 3, 2013.

1. hayleywow macrumors regular

hayleywow

Hi Guys

I hope someone is able to help or guide me in the right direction.

I have a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012.. it spends most of its life in clamshell mode as I have an external monitor connected via DVI to Thunderbolt adapter, it has work absolutely fine up until recently when the MBP wakes from sleep my Dell monitor has a pink ting to it, If I open the MBP the colour goes back to normal or if I unplug the thunderbolt adapter its goes back to normal also..

This has only been happening recently, is there something wrong with my MBP???

I did try and take screen grabs of it.. but although the screen was pink ish the screen grabs came out with the correct colour.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hay

2. hayleywow thread starter macrumors regular

hayleywow

Update on this..

I bought a genuine Apple adapter and everything had been fine up until today when this happened again..

External Display
    [​IMG]

MBP Screen
    [​IMG]

3. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

If it only lasts a few seconds, that could be considered normal because the RGB settings on the external are different from the laptop, so they need time to adjust. If they stay on for long period on the external but not the laptop, the external may have the issues. If the laptop has a pink screen and the external doesn't, it's the laptop that has the issue.

Although, it could be the displayport or the cable causing the issue.

4. hayleywow thread starter macrumors regular

hayleywow

It'll stay like it until I unplug the displayport cable and reconnect it..

The monitor has been changed under warranty as I thought it was the monitor itself, I have also changed the cable.

However when connecting the MBP to my TV using DVI to HDMI I don't get the problem..

Any ideas????

5. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

I'd say its more of a software bug if it doesn't do the pink thing while on HDMI. Do a backup, restore and report back.

6. tmoerel macrumors 6502

I had the same problem on a Samsung display when coming from sleep. I changed the display port cable to a DVI cable and the problem was fixed!

7. hayleywow thread starter macrumors regular

hayleywow

I was using a DVI to DVI cable with the Mini Display Port to DVI adapter, but if I use a DVI to HDMI I don't get the problem at all..

Is this a problem with the MBP??? as it used to work just fine up until recently..

Using a DELL Monitor also