Pink Swirl when trying to give admin rights

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iWOW, Apr 30, 2010.

1. iWOW macrumors newbie

Hi all,

1st time use of the forum, so forgive me if I posted incorrectly.

I'm running MacBook 10.6.3.

I'm trying to change the permissions and password to a user that uses the notebook. When I try to change the permission to "enable admin" it gives me the pink swirl. Only way I can escape is by rebooting.

2ndly, the option to "change password' is not there.

Help.

iWow

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How do you try to change the permissions and password? Via Finder os System Preferences?

What kind of account does the other user have and what kind do you have?

Btw, only the user of the account can change the password, while logged in, at least in my experience.

3. iWOW thread starter macrumors newbie

Correction, the permissions I speak of are the 'rights' I want to give User A. Those rights are administrator in Sys Pref. When I do, it gives me the Pink Swirl.

2ndly, I'm trying to reset the password to User A because the password is not working (needs to be reset). I can't log in as User A to reset it since I don't know the password. I was thinking of a Terminal command's since I don't have the OS install disk to reset any user.

Make sense?

4. iWOW thread starter macrumors newbie

I have reset the password for User A.

Now I'm trying to remove her Admin rights, but when I do I get the Pink Swirl. (Does not go away)

Any suggestions?

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I have never heard the beachball called a pink swirl before. It only has one itty bitty section that's pink!

6. iWOW thread starter macrumors newbie

actually meant to call it the rainbow swirl, but thanks for the correction. Just one of those days man! :)