Pink Tint / Logo on 2015 13" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jabbr, Mar 27, 2015.

1. jabbr, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015

jabbr macrumors newbie

I picked up this notebook a few days ago and was happy to see it had a very uniform screen (no yellow blotches or bad backlight bleed), when I got home and started using it with my monitors I noticed it had a pink cast to everything. Also easy to see next to my iPhone and nexus 7. I guess the average person might not care, but once you see it and have an eye for color it's hard to ignore. I also need a proper display for photo work.

I tried calibration, but I don't think it's possible to fix this. I'm thinking the problem may be the LED backlighting, as the apple logo on the lid has a pretty noticeable magenta-ness going on as well. Seems like a pretty silly thing to get wrong in manufacturing.

I'm sad to say that I'm probably going to have to return this otherwise excellent machine.

Anyone else experiencing this? My panel is an A02A.

2. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

2015 still uses A020 as the LCD model #?

Interesting.

3. jabbr thread starter macrumors newbie

excuse me, it's actually a A02A. A020 was from a profile I downloaded.

4. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Gotcha, was gonna say historically they switch it up between models to keep us OCD MR users on our toes ;)

fwiw, I just got my second one apple logo is pink its a bit red but WAY less so (unless my head is playing games with me, but I don't think so the installer wasn't dingy looking like on my previous one when loading 10.9 up) if concerned I'd compare with floor models for some perspective.

5. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

That's funny because I was LOOKING for a pinkish redish hue screen when I bought my Mac. I ended getting blue ish and yellow but finally got a nice red magenta hue. I like warm tint.