Pink Zune

Discussion in 'iPod' started by swiftaw, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That's a nasty cheap-looking old-fashioned kind of pink... just tacky, like a cheap doll. Nothing funky about it at all.

2. calculus Guest

calculus

It is forbidden to use the word 'funky' unless the words 'James' and 'Brown' appear in the same sentence.

3. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

What's this "Zune"? Oh wait..I remember. :rolleyes:

It's also available in some special Halo 3 Edition. :p

4. monke macrumors 65816

monke

The pink looks very 'Hello Kitty'-ish to me.

The red, on the other hand, doesn't look as bad.

Don't like them. MS is just trying to compete. Why not throw out a few new colours? :rolleyes:

5. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

Hi. My name is James, and I think that my brown pants smell kind of funky because I haven't washed them in a while.

whoops!:rolleyes:

6. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Wow 2.0.

I bet Steve Ballmer did a dance or something when the design team brought him these. Maybe he gave them a raise again, like after they brought him the brown one.

7. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah at first i thought it was white or an off white kind of color. but then i remembered that i cant expect too much out of the zune, it is made by microsoft

8. rfrankl macrumors 6502

The pink one looks like when you throw a white and red shirt in the laundry together.

9. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

the black click wheel doesn't help at all. such an eyesore!

10. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah and the brown one looks like someone pooped all over it

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

In all seriousness... who is designing this machine? After my first year at college, or even school I would never have put that black wheel on a pink Zune.

12. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

I just saw it today at Best Buy... The Pink color is okay, but the black wheel is just a horrible design choice. I know next to nothing about designing products, and even I know that black + light pink = not good. White would have been a much better color.
    The red looks alright... I would probably get a red Zune if I were to get one.

13. asxtb macrumors 6502

I don't think the black and pink look that bad. It actually looks like a little speaker. :)

I think the nano has no color coordination. The white scroll wheel on the silver nano is horrible.

14. gikku macrumors regular

gikku

I don't understand MS here. They're trying to buy marketshare, why not throw options at it. A dozen colors, half a dozen disk sizes, package it with the 360, give it away with the Vista Pro Ultimate Business Premium Platinum Black Gold XLS 08 edition ,...

15. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Get it right the hardware is made by Toshiba it just has MS software in it, which when I played around with was nice.

16. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah but microsoft still sells the product, so if you were selling a product you wouldnt just take a bad one and put your name on it

17. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I can't believe we are talking about a Zune in ipod and iTunes Discussion. Get real this thing is a piece of crap.

18. geoffy macrumors regular

I think we like making fun of how wretched it is. iPod for life!

19. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Now, now, now!

Lets not be nasty Boys!;) .
    The only piece of Apple-ware (we) have is a 3 year old Shuffle, 2 new Nano's.(oh yeah, i-tunes on every PC) 2 Laptops,3 desktops are all MS PC's, even I know MS Sucks!:D
    Safari for PC's was a nice treat, Steve should release Leopard for for PC's if he really wanted to kill MS,Bill and Ballmer.
    I'm bailing for Leopard/Penyrun/LED screens in a black MB:apple: , but I will miss 10,000 RPM hard drives!
    Thanks for these forums, I have learned so much!

Cheffy Dave

20. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Companies do this all the time. Ever heard of the Toyota Cavalier? It was for the Asian market only but they took the mid-90s early 2000's Chevy Cavalier which was for the most part garbage and Toyota put a badge on it.
    To be honest the Zune isn't a terrible product Apple fan boys make it out to be. Sure you have to use its own proprietary software, but on many devices you have to so what. The only real part it fall short is no real Mac support and battery life is horrible(and compared to the Gigabeat S the sounds is suppose to be a little worse and no 60gig model like the S). That said it has a nice screen and feature set, but would I purchase one? Hell no as it neither this or the ipod meet my requirements. I want something I can just drag all my(organized music in specific folders) into the device with out worrying about using a intermediary(i.e. itunes, WMP, or Connect), coupled with a built in voice recorder, fm radio, ogg, and flac support. And I only have a mini because it is the only device in its price range(used) that can be rockboxed.