pinlo slice 3... (CHARLIE BROWN: UGGGGGGGG!!!!!))

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 1rottenapple, May 1, 2011.

1. 1rottenapple macrumors 68000

Whelp, after rocking this case for about two months the inevitable started. First was the clear white line cause by bending the side to remove the case for my normal cleaning. Then the tearing on the botton. Then the finally tear on the top where the headphone and power off button are... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I really really liked this case, since I pretty much prefer not having a case but i have the reception issue and still drop calls without a case. :( So now rocking an agent 18. Thinking about getting a wrapsol but no more pinlo slice 3 for me. Waste of money.

Attached Files:

2. calvy macrumors 65816

Damn I just ordered one of these. Have you contacted them? Maybe they'll replace it n

3. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

If you dont like using cases just got with a skin that comes with the sides. It seems that after reading alot of reviews cases do more damage than good to the phones

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I don't like skins personally. They remind me of the way my great grandmother used to put plastic on the couch to keep them clean.

5. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah know i read a thread about the pinlo's tearing... anyway, i knew this may happen soo lol ehhhh oh well. I read that pinlo doesn't back their products with warranties for tearing so I doubt it. Don't want to put any effort fighting that batter. :D

6. benfica88 macrumors regular

Good luck with that...

7. stcizzle macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it's amazingly form fitting as everyone says, does it really need to be taken off to be cleaned??? I wouldn't think a case that thin wouldn't get anything under the sides or anything. I haven't received mine yet, I ordered it over a week ago. I'm hoping I won't have to take it off to avoid tearing it or bending it

8. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

Imho, even though its super thin stuff does get in there so I tended to take it out of its case once or twice a week.

Man I like this case but stupid pinlo.

9. stcizzle macrumors regular

Lol.... It stinks to regret buying a product before even receiving it but we'll see. Maybe I'll Try the caze zero 5 if the pinlo rips/tears/creases/explodes/vaporizes...etc

10. benfica88 macrumors regular

OK, so by you selling them on eBay the person buying is not entitled to the warranty.
    That's exactly what happened to me. Bought it on eBay and Pinlo told me it was not covered since I didn't buy it from them.
    So if for example, you buy a case at Walmart, it's now not covered for warranty?? That's the kind of treatment I basically received.
    Hopefully all those cases you sold on eBay don't crack... those buyers will come back to you for refunds!

11. benfica88 macrumors regular

I think your missing the point here... Any other case I have purchased on eBay has been covered by the warranty. It shouldn't matter where it's purchased from. I can't vouch for Macs but if I purchase an iPhone and sell it to someone it is still covered under warranty.
    This is true with almost any product.
    If Pinlo didn't cover it because of fakes, then they shouldn't assume I have a fake because it was purchased on eBay. Assuming is not good business.
    Honestly, I just think they know it cracks easily and don't want to lose revenue. It doesn't take much to look over these forums and others and notice that almost everyone who purchases a Pinlo ends up with it cracking.
    Maybe perhaps that's why their presence on these forums has disappeared...

12. stcizzle macrumors regular

More than a bit frustrated...

Okay, so i ordered my pinlo slice 3 for verizon (cdma version)on May 18th, it shipped the 20th, i received it on the 30th.

upon opening it, i realized that the back of the case is checkered, not plain see-through as it was shown online when i purchased it. also, the pinlo logo was not on the side of the phone like the gsm version, it is on the back of the case at the bottom - very minimal, though, which is nice. it's very aggravating because the sides of the case are clear as day just as the back should be!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I WILL POST PICTURES SOON - i'm at work right now working hard as you can see...

but at the time i ordered it, it looked exactly like the AT&T gsm version, but with only one picture of the back as opposed to the gsm model having like 6 pictures. so that concerned me even before ordering as to why they only had one picture of the cdma version.

apparently they have now changed the picture to accurately depict the checkered back of the case, but it must have been updated only a couple days ago as i have been on the site recently to check the status of my order and the picture hadn't changed as of 5 days ago. in my opinion it's very bad business to sell a product that isn't accurately shown online and change the picture afterwards. they could have changed the picture at the exact same time they changed the product as any reputable company would who wants to keep their client-el. for all i know, the cdma version could have been checkered the entire time since it's launch, who knows.

also, just fyi, when i ordered it, i had a black iphone but in the process of the product's shipping to me i sold my black one to a buddy and picked up a brand new white one. IMHO, on a black iphone 4, i don't think it would look bad or this checkery, it might even look awesome, but as for my white iphone, i was really hoping it would have been a plain design-less clear back as shown online at the time of my order b/c it definitely does not look good. it doesn't look bad but certainly not good. i'd be interested in seeing it on a black one.

SUMMARY, LOL, BAD BUSINESS TO SELL A PRODUCT THAT LOOKS DIFFERENTLY THAN PICTURED!!!!!!!!!!!! Thirty bucks down the drain.

*****Also, a little hint if you are ordering this product; after i ordered the product i looked at the shipping requirements and it states that $15 shipping is required for all overseas shipments - HOWEVER, i opted for the $5 since i thought $15 was rediculous and it WAS listed as an option while checking out, so i had no reason to assume that the $15 was mandatory - turned out it wasn't since i did receive it okay. i wonder if they will fix their systems to only list the $15 option when a US destination is listed in the buyer info. anyway just a little hint to save $10 on a case that will rip soon lol (so i hear/read)

13. stcizzle macrumors regular

Pics of verizon cdma pinlo slice 3

i forgot to give details on how the slice 3 fits on the cdma version. i've heard and seen the gsm version fits amazingly...

so, i can't post any pics of the case fitting on the phone since i'm using my iphone camera but here is verbally how it fits my white iphone 4 to a T........ haha.... i'm not sure if the white iphone 4 on verizon is any different than the black, but it does seem to be a little thicker as some state (cnet, etc) so i don't know if that is causing this but the vibrate and volume buttons are slightly off about 1-1/4 mm being too far down towards the bottom of the phone and a little bit too far towards the back cover of the phone. everything else is perfect, the top, sides, bottom and back fit amazingly perfect. only the vibrate and volume buttons off a tiny bit, but is barely noticeable and are still accessible and can be pushed easily.

overall, honestly, the amazingly thin fit of the case makes up for the fugly checkered back. i also have a black incipio feather which looks awesome on black... i'm contemplating on whether i should just keep the slice 3 for a while or get the white incipio feather to match the white iphone....idunno. content for now haha

Attached Files:

14. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

I bought mine on ebay and its not covered.

15. stcizzle macrumors regular

Does anyone else on here have the CDMA Verizon version? I'd be interested to know how u like it??????????

It seems like b/c of the ripping/bending/tearing issue they opened up the top like the bottom is open. I haven't had any issues yet. You just have to be extremely careful when taking it off.